Want to know where the best sites to bet on hockey are? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got the best sites from around the world for both Ice Hockey and Field Hockey. Read on to find out more!
Hockey Betting – A Quick Guide
The world of hockey is fast-paced and fun and if you think you can predict games then you can find a range of markets to bet on. From the simple who will win the matches, first goal scorer to the correct score in matches you can bet on everything.
Hockey Betting Sites
No 1 – Betway Sports
Global sports book operator Betway scored top for our best sites. With a wide range of markets to bet on and all the latest events priced up early, we found Betway to be an excellent place to bet.
There’s live betting from Hockey leagues around the world as well as wide-ranging coupons to make it easy to get your hockey accumulators on.
- Champions League
As you can see from above that is the major leagues covered.
How to place a Hockey accumulator on Betway.
So you want to know how to bet on Hockey? Here’s a step by step guide.
Register an account and claim your Betway India welcome bonus and make your first deposit here.
Then on the website, mobile site or app head to the all-sports menu and select Ice Hockey. Then hit the tab for “coupons” as shown below
Once on the coupon click on the outcomes you want and these will turn green, as shown with our Ice Hockey treble below. Once you are happy with your selections then stop! If you have made any that you want to then remove re-click on the green odds box and this will be removed from your betslip, or click the cross on the bet slip to remove the selection.
Now check you are happy with the odds and the returns for your bet. Add your stake in the box as shown below and then you will see the returns.
If you are happy to bet on these, login and the green login button will become “place bet”. Thap that and your bet will be placed. You can track it in my bets tab at the top when you are logged in.
So it’s as easy as that! You now know how to bet on hockey and place hockey accumulators! You’ll soon see why we rate Betway as one of India’s best online betting site.
Best hockey betting site no 2 – William Hill
We’ve all heard of William Hill, the UK based bookmaker who started the British betting revolution in 1911. It was Mr Hills persistence in taking bets that opened the UK market up at the time and Hill’s have been a major player in the market since then.
Their website has undergone endless improvements to make it a great place for betting on both Ice Hockey and Felid Hockey.
They have a great choice of markets and simple to access coupons – see below
Here’s the choice of coupons available
- Money Lines – These are the win/ lose bets where the line is the price
- 60 Minutes – What will the result be when the clock turns 60:00
- Puck Line Handicap – This is the match betting with a handicap on one of the teams
- Total Match Goals – Will the match go over or under a preset amount of goals? This is sometimes referred to over/ under goals.
- Anytime Wincast – Who will score a goal at any time in the match and which team will win the match
- Easy as 1-2-3 – Will between 1 and 3 goals be scored in each of the 3 regulation periods? This is a yes or no bet. (Does not include overtime).
Our top-rated hockey betting sites both over 100 markets on the major hockey leagues, including the NHL and other leagues from around the world. Here we’ll talk you through the popular markets that are worth checking out.
Popular Hockey Betting Markets
- Double Chance betting – This is where your bet covers two outcomes, ie you have double the chance of winning (in theory).
- Teams, to score – Which of the teams will score? or will both teams score?
- Draw no bet – Back a team to win and if the match ends a draw you’ll get your money back. These odds will be slightly lower than the straight to win market but this offers some cover on the bet if needed. These can be combined for hockey accumulators.
- Goalscorer betting – You can bet on individual players to score either first – last – anytime – to score 2 or more and to score a hattrick. See the example from William Hill below. The more goals you think they’ll score the higher the odds go up. The most likely team scorers are usually at the top and at the lowest prices.
- Period goal scorers – This is the same as above but betting only applies to the period you select. The player must score in the period to count. This does not include overtime or shoot outs.
- Win casts – (First Goal or Anytime) This is a combined bet, pick which hockey team you think will win and who will score, either first or anytime depending on the market.
Hockey Betting Strategies
When betting on the match there are a number of strategies that you can use to try and gain an edge in the market.
In our opinion, the best way to gain an edge in betting is to gain a better understanding of a particular league and the teams in them. For example rather than just betting on the NHL where the market is well known and understood, focus on a smaller European league. Build up your knowledge of the teams and players and find a reliable news source for team news and injuries – Teams Twitters are always a good place to start.
Once you have a good understanding of the league and what is going on then you can start looking at the odds. Try and come up with what you think the odds should be on a team based on your new found knowledge and then compare them to the bookies to find your value spot.
You could always mix this up and focus your knowledge on the more niche markets like first goals or over and under goals. The more you know the better you should do – It is always worth checking your planned strategy on paper for a while before actually placing any bets.