- Match: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh
- Date: July 18, 2021
- Start Time: 7:30am
- Stadium: Harare Sports Club
- Tournament: ICC Cricket World Cup Super League – 2020/2023 – 2nd ODI
- Format: ODI
Bangladesh won by 3 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
- It has been a very long time since Zimbabwe won an ODI cricket match, excluding 1 super over the win. In that time they have lost to Ireland, the Netherlands, Bangladesh, and most recently Pakistan. Their ODI form is so bad and this series could well be another whitewash.
- All hope is not lost though s they do possess the payers who can make an impact in a game. The Bangladesh captain, Tamim Iqbal, said he felt Zimbabwe bowled well early on in the innings.
- They had Bangladesh at 74/5 before failing to get Mahmudullah and Das out before they could build a partnership and over the score on to 167/5 when Mahmudullah lost his wicket. If they had managed to take a couple more wickets they could have really limited the score.
- When they went out to bet they struggled to get to grips with the Bangladesh bowling. They ended with 4 players out for a duck and 6 players failing to make double figures.
- Regis Chakabva was the best batter by a long way making 54 from 51 balls. the end of his innings spelt disaster for Zimbabwe.
- Bangladesh started the ODI tour with a comprehensive win. They won by 155 runs after Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bowl.
- Bangladesh played well with Liton Das taking the man of the match award after his 102 from 114 balls helped build the innings when other wickets were falling. His wicket finally went in the 42nd over with the score on 207/6.
- The lower order o batters really helped to boost the score with Mahmudullah 33 runs batting 6th, Afif Hossain 45 runs batting 7th and Mehidy Hasan 26 runs batting 8th all contributing later in the innings.
- Shakib Al Hasan was the leading bowler with figures of 30/5 from 9.5 overs. He had 3 maidens in that spell too and was excellent in picking off the lower order batsmen.
- Shoriful Islam, Mohammad Saifuddin, and Taskin Ahmed all picked up 1 wicket each. Taskin Ahmen had the best economy of them.
- After the match, Linton Das said the pitch was really good to bat on and his aim was to try and stick around. He mentioned the middle to the lower-order batsman who helped out in building the score.
Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh Match Prediction
After the last match it is hard to see where Zimbabwe goes from here. They were very poor and need a big uplift in performance if they are to get anything out of this match. Limiting Bangladesh to 279 was a reasonable performance from the bowlers taking 9 wickets but they still need more.
Predicted result: Bangladesh to win
Predicted scores if batting first
Zimbabwe: 180-200 all out
Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
|Shakib Al Hasan|
Zimbabwe Last Match vs Bangladesh
No last match data to show
Bangladesh Last Match vs Zimbabwe
|Shakib Al Hasan|
No last match data to show
Here are some other previews you may like
- Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Stats and Trends Birmingham Phoenix Trends Played: 2 Won: 1 Lost: 1 NRR: -1.5830 Last 5 results: L, W Birmingham Phoenix has now played 4 […]
- West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I West Indies vs Pakistan Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies can tie the series with a win. The current score is 1-0 after 2 matches have been washed […]
- London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball Result Northern Superchargers won by 63 runs London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Stats and Trends London Spirit Trends Played: 3 Won: 0 Lost: 2 NRR: -0.4540 Last 5 results: L, […]