- Match: Yorkshire vs Sussex
- Date: August 24, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: Riverside Ground
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Quarter Final
- Format: T20
Sussex won by 5 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
Yorkshire vs Sussex Stats and Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 7
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.3050
- Last 5 results: D, L, L, W, L
- The T20 Blast semi-finals return with Yorkshire taking on Sussex. Yorkshire finished in 2nd place in the northern group so take on 3rd place from the southern group.
- Yorkshire won 7 matches and lost 5 with a NRR of 0.305 which was respectable in the northern league. They finished above Lancashire by virtue of their average points per match score as they played 1 match less.
- They will play the winners of Nottingham Outlaws and Hampshire Hawks in the semi final if they win. This will be played on finals day with the final following the 2 semi finals.
Yorkshire Top Batters
Harry Brook is the top-performing batsman with 485 runs at an average of just over 80. He has been a star in the Vitality blast so far and will be a key player again for Yorkshire here. Brook has 20 sixes and 41 fours so far. He’s hit 2 half-centuries and has had 1 duck. He is third overall in the table.
Jonny Bairstow has the second-highest run total with 295, which is incredible considering he’s only played 4 matches for them. Bairstow hit 18 sixes and 26 fours in that time.
Yorkshire Top Bowlers
Ferguson is the top wicket-taker with 14 wickets now. His economy rate of 7.27 is the second-best in the team with Bess, 11 wickets, the best at 6.70. Thompson also has 11 wickets but has been at expensive at 10.30 per over. He is the bowler for Sussex to target if they are to post a big score.
Yorkshire Last Match vs Derbyshire
Match Cancelled due to covid 19 pandemic
The last match was called off due to a Covid outbreak.
- Played: 14
- Won: 6
- Lost: 3
- NRR: 0.4790
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L
Sussex finished 3rd in the southern table.
6 wins and 5 no results were enough for them to qualify for the knockout stages.
Wiese has taken the most catches for Sussex with 7 so far, Head is a close second on 6.
Sussex Top Batters
|Ollie Edward Robinson|
Please note, above data is incorrect.
L Wright leads the way with 306 runs so far from 8 innings. His average of 43 is the highest in the team. P Salt is next with 266 runs at a 38 average, followed by veteran Ravi Bopara who has 228 runs also at a 38 average.
Sussex Top Bowlers
T Mills is the top bowler with 11 wickets at an economy of 7.63. His best figures were 3/20.
Sussex Last Match vs Kent
Sussex won by 4 wickets (with 17 balls remaining)
Bopara rolled back the years to take 3 wickets in 4 overs and outshone world no 1 Rashid Khan!
Yorkshire vs Sussex Match Prediction
Now we are at the knockout stages the matches get harder to call. This is an interesting match-up between two very good sides. Sussex won less matches than Yorkshire and mainly qulified due to their 5 matches with no result.
Predicted result: Yorkshire to win
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for […]
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good […]
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of […]