Match: West Indies v Sri Lanka
Format: 2nd ODI
Date: March 12th, 2021
Time: 9am India
Stadium: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium
Trends & Recent Form
West Indies form
- West Indies won the first one day international by 8 wickets with 18 balls remaining. They batted second and got Sri Lanka out for 232.
- Jason Holder was the top bowler, with 10 overs, taking 2/39. Jason Mohammed took 2/12 but only bowled 4 overs.
- Shai Hope was the top batsman and took the man of the match award. He got 110 runs from 133 balls as part of a first-wicket stand of 143.
- This was a comprehensive win over the tourists and continued the trend for West Indies wins on this tour.
Sri Lanka form
- Sri Lanka has been struggling on this tour. It is clear from watching the matches that they are not at the same level as the West Indies currently.
- They won the toss and elected to bat first and started well putting on 102 for the first wicket. Gunathilaka was the top run-scorer with 55 from 61 balls before being inexplicably out for obstructing the field. Karunarante and Bandara also got half-centuries.
- Six players were all out without making 10 runs. The total of 232 never looked enough to defend on that wicket.
- With the ball, Sri Lanka did not take enough wickets. Of their bowlers only Dusmantha Chameera took 2 wickets, no one else took any.
- We are struggling to see how Sri Lanka comes back and get a win in the next match.
Head to head stats
- March 10th, 2021 – West Indies won by 8 wickets, 18 balls remaining
- Sri Lanka 232 (49)
- West Indies (47)
Match Prediction & Tips
We cannot see anything other than a West Indies win here but will not be backing them as the odds are far too short. Whilst Sri Lanka started well there is a clear gulf in class between these two teams. The West Indies should dominate again here and it looks like this will be a very uncompetitive ODI series.
Match Result: West Indies to win 2/5*
We will look for other markets for our picks for this match.
- Pick 1: Top SI batsman Karunarathe 10/3 & Gunathilaka 7/2
We are back these two picks at equal odds and we just need one of them to be the top for the team to make a return. They were the top 2 in the last match and from what we have seen are the best batsmen in the team. Sri Lanka has performed well for the first wicket and this is a trend we can see continuing here.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball