- Match: West Indies vs South Africa
- Date: July 1, 2021
- Start Time: 6:00pm
- Stadium: National Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I
- Format: T20I
West Indies won by 21 runs
– The West Indies has the firepower to beat South Africa, they just need to perform better. This is especially the case with the bat. We associate the WI batting lineup with runs but they need 1 player at the top of the order to get a decent score (more than 30). In these matches, there has always been a WI player further down the order having to go big to get the run rate up. A score closer to 190- 200 would be expected from this team.
– West Indies have chased a score in all 3 T20s so far. It will be interesting to see how they score if they get to bat first in this match.
– In their last T20 series, WI beat Sri Lanka 2-1 in a 3 match series. West Indies again chased in all 3 T20s and are now on a run of chasing in their last 6 T20 matches in a row!
– de Kock was the top batsman getting 72 runs from 51 balls. South Africa was going very well at 40/0 at the end of the first 4 overs.
– Our other Dream 11 pick, Rassie van der Dussen was the second-highest scorer with 32 runs from 24 balls.
– In the last T20 series South Africa lost 3-1 to Pakistan in a 4 match series. This was a home series. Rassie van der Dussen played well in this tour as well. Despite being 32 he only started playing T20 international cricket in 2018 but has shown his quality for the national team since then. In 2018 he was named as 1 of the top 5 cricketers in South Africa. He is again our player to watch in this match.
West Indies vs South Africa Match Prediction
Despite being 2-1 down the West Indies are still the favourites to win this match! We see them as equals based on the tight games they have so far and we won’t be backing them at their current prices.
Match predictions – South Africa to win
We think South Africa are again the team to back in this match. They are the higher-rated team and are in good form against the West Indies. The bowling attack of South Africa has, in general, kept the West Indies attack quiet and we think that trend will continue.
West Indies vs South Africa Stats
Player Stats This Season
Top Batters This Season
|Rassie van der Dussen|
Top Bowlers This Season
West Indies Last Match vs South Africa
South Africa Last Match vs West Indies
|Quinton de Kock|
|Rassie van der Dussen|