- Match: West Indies vs Australia
- Date: July 20, 2021
- Start Time: 6:30pm
- Stadium: Kensington Oval
- Tournament: ICC Cricket World Cup Super League – 2020/2023 – 1st ODI
- Format: ODI
Australia won by 133 runs (D/L method)
West Indies ODI Trends
- West Indies is currently ranked 8th in the world for one-day cricket. They have played 27 matches in that period had had 82 points.
- Shai Hope has now moved up to 7th in the ODI rankings, level with Australias David Warner and just above Faf.
- It is the bowling attack of the West Indies that is the main issue for them. They are blessed with batters but struggling for some real top-quality bowlers. Alzarri Joseph is the top-rated bowler at 27th in the world. As a guide, Australia has 4 bowlers above 27th in the current rankings.
- The West Indies will have some confidence for this series after winning the 5 match T20 series between the two teams. Despite the comments above about the bowling in the first 3 matches, they limited Austalia to a maximum of 142 runs. This lead to them taking a 3-0 lead. Australia did fight back hitting 186 in the 4th T20.
Australia ODI Trends
- Australia is currently ranked 3rd in the world for one-day cricket. They have played 25 matches and are on 118 points. They are just 1 post behind England and 3 points behind top-ranked, and arch-rivals, New Zealand.
- Aaron Finch is the top-ranked ODI batter for Australia t 5th in the world. He is closing in on Ross Taylor but still a way back from Rohit Sharma in 3rd.
- Josh Hazelwood is the top-ranked bowler. He has just moved up to 7th taking South African Kagiso Rabada’s place. Pat Cummings is also in the top 10, currently positioned 9th.
- Mitchell Marsh has been the stand-out performer for Australia in the T20 series. He’s been scoring runs at a reasonable rate and has outperformed all his teammates.
- Aaron Finch started the first 2 matches poorly getting out in single figures. After that, his form improved and he’ll need to keep that momentum in this series.
West Indies vs Australia Match Prediction
On paper, looking at the two teams you would call this an Australian win. Then when you look how they played in the T20 series you see a team a little lost for any sort of form. They have a strong enough squad for this tour but have looked off it in the opening T20 matches.
Predicted result: West Indies win
Predicted scores if batting first:
West Indies: 280/8
West Indies vs Australia Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
West Indies Last Match vs Sri Lanka
The West Indies won their last ODI series 3-0 against Sri Lanka. They were at home for the series. The West Indies batted second in every match and while Sri Lanka posted some decent totals, 280+, the West Indies hunted them down every time.
Australia Last Match vs England
In recent ODI series Australia have had wins against England and India. These were both 2-1 wins. With the World Cup approaching they have been playing more T20 matches than ODIs.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]