Match: 2nd T20
Time: 3.30 am India
Stadium: Stanford Cricket Ground
Trends & Recent Form
West Indies T20 form
- The West Indies won the first T20 comfortably. It was a win by 4 wickets but they had 44 balls remaining after chasing down 131.
- The blowers performed very well keeping Sri Lanka, who batted first down to 131/9.
- The West Indies picked off the runs losing six wickets in 13.1 overs.
- Kieron Pollard was the top batsman for the team with 38 from 11 balls, including six sixes in total.
- Usual top performers Chirs Gayle and Nicholas Pooran were both out for golden ducks – as was Fabian Allen. It is not very often you see three goldens in an innings!
- Prior to this tour the West Indies last T20 series ended in a 2-0 defeat against New Zealand – With one match a no result due to the weather.
Sri Lanka T20 form
- In the first T20, Sri Lank was looking good at 70/1 in 9.4 overs, but they collapsed from there to only reach 131/9 – this was never going to be a defendable score.
- Five players failed to get into double figures and only two players got over fifteen runs.
- Wanindu Hasaranga was the top bowler with an incredible 3/12 from four overs. Akila Dananjaya also took three wickets but at a horrendous economy of 15.5 an over.
- In their last international T20 matches they lost 2-0 to the West Indies. This was in March 2020.
Head to head stats
- T20’s only
- WI 196/4 (20)
- SI 171 (19.1)
- WI won by 25 runs
- SI 155/6 (20)
- WI 158/3 (17)
- WI won by 7 wickets – 18 balls remaining
Match Prediction & Tips
It is clear to see why the West Indies are the clear favourites to win this math. They were dominant in the first match and have an excellent head to head record. With the quality of players, they are a strong nation in T20’s and while Sri Lanka has some good players they’re not quite in the West Indies league (especially in T20s).
Match Result: West Indies to win – No bet.
We are predicting a comfortable win for the West Indies. The odds are as low as 1/4 with most sites and this just isn’t worth backing for us, there is no value on offer at all.
Sri Lanka is out at 3/1 and it is not very often we see odds that high in T20 cricket. If they bat first they may be worth backing with a view to cashing out in the first 10 overs. They are much stronger at the top order but likely to collapse again once some wicket starts falling!
The only thing to give them a glimmer of hope is the 3-0 ODI win in a series in February 2020. They were efficient in these series putting on big scores. However, there is something about these West Indies players that makes them come alive in the T20 former.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Rajasthan v Dehli Capitals IPL 2021 predictions & stats: Will DC be too much of a challenge for a spirited RR side?
Match: Rajasthan Royals v Dehli Capitals Date: 15th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: Wankhede Stadium What you will find on this preview Royals
Sunrisers v Royal Challengers IPL 2021 Predictions & Stats: Can Harshal Patel continue his bowling mastery?
Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Royal Challengers Bangalore Date: 14th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: https://cricketics.in/go/fun-88-home/ What you will find on this preview Sunrisers
Kolkata Night Riders v Mumbai Indians: IPL 2021 Match Prediction: Can Mumbai keep up their winning run against KKR?
Match: Kolkata Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians Date: 13th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium What you will find on this