Match: West Indies v Pakistan
Date: 14th August 2021
Trends & Recent Form
After an absolute washout in the T20 series, the West Indies takes on Pakistan in a 2 match series. Pakistan won the T20 series 1-0 after 3 of the matches were called off due to the weather with less than 10 overs played.
This is the first international match on the Sabina Park pitch in 2 years!
West Indies Test Form
Test ranking: 7th
- Top Batsman: 44th Jermaine Blackwood
- Top Bowler: 11th Jason Holder
- Top all-rounder: 1st Jason Holder
Latest stats and trends
- The last test series for the West Indies was a 2-0 loss to South Africa. They will be looking to put that behind them and do better on the home Sabina Park wicket. This should suit them better.
- Shannon Gabriel has pulled out through injury and will miss both matches.
- Shamarh Brooks and Chemar Holder have been called up to the squad. Holder is an interesting fast bowler and could go into the attack alongside 19-year-old Jayden Seales. Seales showed his potential in the last series and it will be good to get another look at him to see how he does. He is a player with lots of potential.
Pakistan Test Form
Test ranking: 5th
- Top Batsman: 10th – Babar Azam
- Top Bowler: Tied 15th Hasan Ali & Mohammad Abbas
- Top all-rounder: None in the top 20 rankings
Latest stats and trends
- Captain Babar Azam is the 10th highest-rated batsman in the world for test cricket and the top rate for T20 cricket. He is an all-around excellent batsman. He will be key to Pakistans chances in this match.
- So far this year Pakistan has won 2 test series. This started with a 2-0 win over South Africa in a competitive series. Their last series was a 2-0 over Zimbabwe where they won both matches by over an innings. They are playing well in the long format of the game in 2021.
- Shaheen Afridi returns to the team after being rested for the T20 series. This will be a boost to the side that are capable of causing the West Indies some serious problems.
Match Prediction & Tips
The T20 series between these 2 teams did not give us enough of a look at the players. The West Indies should be stronger at home but they have not been playing well in test cricket this tear. They have struggled with their batting and the Pakistan attack will pose some serious questions for them. The form of Jason Holder could be key for the home team’s chances.
Pakistan seems to be playing well in test cricket, this is arguably one of the best Pakistan squads for a while. They have a strong batting lineup with Azam and Ali both in good form this year. Their bowling attack has some power in it too and they have also been playing well this year. Pakistan is a formidable opponent at the test level on the road.
Match Prediction: Pakistan to win by over an innings.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 26, 2022 Start Time: 8:25am Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger
Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – January 22, 2022: Can the Scorcher carry on their red hot form?
Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Date: January 22, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Docklands Stadium Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier Format:
Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Prediction – January 12, 2022: Who Will Win This Almost Dead Rubber?
Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match