- Match: Welsh Fire vs Trent Rockets
- Date: August 6, 2021
- Start Time: 6:00pm
- Stadium: Sophia Gardens
- Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 20th Match
- Format: 100-Ball
Trent Rockets won by 6 wickets (with 10 balls remaining)
Welsh Fire vs Trent Rockets Stats and Trends
Welsh Fire Trends
- Played: 4
- Won: 2
- Lost: 2
- NRR: -0.0350
- Last 5 results: L, L, W, W
- The NRR or 0.0350 shows how close the Welsh Fire matches have been.
- The Hundred table is now very close, Welsh Fire can go joint top with current leaders, Birmingham Phoenix with a win here (Depending on earlier results).
- Welsh Fire has scored 609 runs so far, which is the second-highest in the table. They have conceded 593 runs, also the 2nd highest in the table.
- They have lost their last 2 matches after starting the tournament with 2 wins.
Welsh Fire Top Batters
- BM Duckett – 191 runs
- JM Bairstow – 128 runs
- JL du Plooy 60 runs
Out side of Ducket and Bairstow Welsh Fire has been a lacking another big scorer. We were expecting more from Tom Banton who has delivered 55 runs in 4 innings.
Unsurprisingly Bairstow leads the way for sixes with 8. Duckett has been the boundary man with 24 fours so far compared to Bairstow 10. Very solid from Duckett.
Welsh Fire Top Bowlers
Top 3 bowlers
- JDS Neesham – 6 wickets
- Qais Ahmad 5 wickets
- MJJ Critchley – 3 wickets
Critchley has been expensive going for 10.11 runs per over. Ahmad has been the best at 6.07.
Welsh Fire Last Match vs Oval Invincibles
Oval Invincibles won by 6 wickets (with 7 balls remaining)
|Leus du Plooy|
Welsh Fire batted first and put on 121/7. Ben Duckett carried on his fine form with 65 from 2 balls. Tom Banton was disappointing with 2 from 4 balls. After getting Jason Roy out at 1/8 Welsh Fire did not build on that key wicket. They lost with 7 balls to spare.
Trent Rockets Trends
- Played: 4
- Won: 3
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 0.5220
- Last 5 results: L, W, W, W
- Trent Rockets have been playing well and we have been very impressed with them so far.
- They are the form team with 3 wins from 4. They will return to the top of the table with another win here.
- They have the best net run rate in the table from teams who have played 4 matches with 0.083.
Trent Rockets Top Batters
- DM Short – 134 runs
- DJ Malan – 122 runs
- AD Hales – 99 runs
Patel has chipped in with 47 runs too. Short has the highest score so far with 69 not out followed closely bet Malan with 62 not out. Both have been prolific at hitting the boundary with Short on 16 fours and 2 sixes and Malan on 12 fours and 4 sixes. These 2 players are pivotal to the batting lineup for Trent Rockets.
Trent Rockets Top Bowlers
Top 3 bowlers
- M de Lange – 8 wickets
- Rashid Khan – 8 wickets
- M Carter – 5 wickets
The signing of Rashid Khan by the Trent Rockets was a masterstroke. He is, in our option, the best short spell bowler in world cricket and will always take wickets. The surprise for us is the economy of 7.35, as he is usually around 6 and under. Carter has done well in 3 matches with an economy of 6.87.
Trent Rockets Last Match vs Birmingham Phoenix
Birmingham Phoenix won by 6 wickets (with 26 balls remaining)
|Timm van der Gugten|
The Trent rockets had a surprise defeat in their last match losing convincingly to the Birmingham Pheonix. They put on 144/6 which seemed a reasonable score only to see it chased down in 75 balls! This seems more of a blip than a drop in form. They could just not handle the hitting of Will Smeed who smashed 36 from 13 balls and Finn Allen who got 43 from 23 balls.
Welsh Fire vs Trent Rockets Match Prediction
The Rockets were flying before the loss to Birmingham Pheonix. That was a surprise result but it does not take away from how well Trent Rockets have been performing. Welsh Fire have been doing well-getting runs but they are very up and down with 2 wins and 2 defeats from 4 matches so far.
Predicted Result: Trent Rockets win in a high scoring match!
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more