- Match: Victoria vs South Australia
- Date: September 10, 2021
- Start Time: 11:30pm
- Stadium: Junction Oval
- Tournament: One-Day Cup – 2021/2022 – 1st Match
- Format: ODI
Victoria vs South Australia Stats and Trends
Victoria kicks off their 2021/2022 campaign with a match against Southern Australia.
Victora has won the one-day cup on 6 occasions so far.
James Seymour and rookie Fergue O’Neil were awarded contracts for this year’s Marsh Cup.
In one-day cricket, Brody Couch will play his first game for the state. He is our young player to watch for Victoria this year and has a bright future ahead of him. The right-arm medium pacer has come through the ranks and should seize this opportunity.
Victoria Top Batters
We are expecting the following players to be the top batters for Victoria this season
- Glenn Maxwell
- Arron Finch
- James Seymour – This is his break in first class cricket at 29. He’s stepped up when give the opportunity.
Victoria Top Bowlers
These are the player we expect to be the top bowlers for Victoria this year
- Scott Boland
- Peter Handscombe
- Xavier Crone – Our bowler to watch at 23 years old playing in his second season.
No last match data as this is the first match of the season.
South Australia Trends
South Australia is blessed with some of the best players in Australian cricket. Alex Carey, Jake Weatherald, and Kane Richardson are among the team. They will however miss games playing for the Australian national team.
Last year’s event was over a limited number of matches to reduce bubble fatigue. South Australia finished bottom of the league with 0 points after losing all 5 matches. They had a net run rate of -2.256 which over 5 matches show how poorly they performed.
This year should be very different with a good squad and a full tournament planned.
South Australia Top Batters
The top batters we are excepting are –
- Alex Carey
- Jake Weatherald
- Travis Head
South Australia Top Bowlers
We are expecting the following players to be the top bowlers this year –
- Matthew Short
- Matthew Kuhnemann
This is the first match of the season so there is no match data to display.
Victoria vs South Australia Match Prediction
The opening match of any cricket season is tough to call especially with both sides performing poorly last year. Between these two teams, they only managed 1 win in 10 games and finished bottom and second bottom. It was hard to pinpoint where it all went wrong for South Australia. On paper, they have a great squad and a few good-looking rookies and younger players. They will all have gained from last year’s experience.
Victoria managed just 1 win and again has a good squad. They have added well this year and also have some good talent coming through the ranks. They should perform better this season too.
Match prediction: Victoria to win
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]