Match: Uttar Pradesh v Mumbai, Vijay Hazare Trophy
Date: March 14th, 2021
Time: 8 AM India
Stadium: Arun Jaitley Stadium, Dehli
Group Stages: 2nd in group C
- Played 5
- Won 4
- Lost 1
- Points 16
- Net Run Rate +1.559
Group Stages: 1st in group D
- Played 5
- Won 5
- Lost 0
- Points 20
- Net Run Rate +2.603
Trends & Recent Form
Uttar Pradesh form
- Uttar Pradesh qualified well with 4 wins from their 5 matches. They were joint top in Group C with 16 points, alongside Karnataka who were 1st and Kerala who was 3rd by virtue of their net run rate.
- They really stepped up in the knock out stages beating Dehli comfortably in the quarter-finals and Gujarat in the semis. Their bowling has been particularly impressive in both of these games.
- In the quarter-final, they put on 2807 from 50 overs which was a reasonable score. Upendra Yadav top-scored with 112 runs from 101 balls. With the ball, Yash Dayal took 3/53 in his 10 overs as they got Dehli all out for 234 in 48.1 overs.
- In the semi-final, Yash Dayal was on fire again taking 3/34 from 91. overs as Gujarat slumped to 184 all out in 48.1 overs. The runs were picked off in 42.2 overs with the loss of 5 wickets. Akshdeep Nath hit 71 runs from 104 balls – A nice steady innings to make sure they win was comfortable.
- Mumbai is yet to lose a match in this year’s tournament. They had 5 straight wins in the group stages and then 2 more in the quarter and semi-finals.
- In the quarter-finals, Mumbai was in phenomenal form! In 50 overs Saurashtra put on 284/5, which looked a reasonable score. Mumbai chased down the runs in 41.5 overs losing just 1 wicket. The performance of Prithvi Shaw was considerable -185 not out from 123 balls. The innings included 21 fours and 7 sixes.
- This inning set a new record for the highest score when chasing in an A-Class match. He beat the previous record set by MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli of 183.
- Shaw carried on in good form in the semi-finals. Mumbai batted first and Shaw got 165 runs from 122 balls before finally losing his wicket. Mumbai went on to put on 322 runs. Karnataka got to 250 all out but 322 always looked to high for them.
Match Prediction & Tips
It is hard to look past Mumbai here if we are looking at the recent form as they are yet to taste defeat this year in 50 over cricket. They are the favourites in the odds as we would expect them to be, but that does not mean they are unbeatable, Uttar Pradesh will like their chances here.
Match Prediction: Uttar Pradesh to win 11/10*
Whilst it was a hard choice to go against Mumbai and the cricketics team were split on this decision. Overall we felt the strength of the Uttar Pradesh bowling would win through. They have great attack and if they can take care of Shaw then they have a really good chance of winning here. The odds of 11/10 offer us some value*.
As it is the final of the event we have selected another pick to share.
- Pick 1: Highest opening partnership – Uttar Pradesh 1/1*
There is a trend in matches for Uttar Pradesh to take early wickets. In the two knockout games, they have taken early wickets, at 1/7 and then 1/6. They have a good bowling team and we think they have a chance to take an early wicket in the final.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by