- Match: Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix
- Date: August 13, 2021
- Start Time: 6:00pm
- Stadium: Trent Bridge
- Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 27th Match
- Format: 100-Ball
Birmingham Phoenix won by 16 runs
Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix Stats and Trends
Trent Rockets Trends
- Played: 7
- Won: 4
- Lost: 3
- NRR: 0.2410
- Last 5 results: L, L, W, L, W
- Trent Rockets have won all thier home matches so far. They lost thier last match, away to the Oval Invicibles.
- They have 2 matches left, both at home. If they win both they will be in the final.
- Wahab Riaz and Luke Wood look set to return to the side after missing the last match through injury.
Trent Rockets Top Batters
This has been an excellent tournament for the Trent Rocket batsmen. All players are available for this match.
Trent Rockets Top Bowlers
|M de Lange||4||4||11.4||0||82||8||5/20||10.25||8.33||7.3||0||1|
You cannot keep Rashid Khan down. His economy is a little over what we are used to seeing from him but being the top wicket-taker for his side is no surprise.
Trent Rockets Last Match vs Oval Invincibles
Oval Invincibles won by 9 runs
|Timm van der Gugten|
We would have backed Trent Rockets to chase down 126 in this match but the wickets kept falling and the runs slowed down. Gregory and Khan made the match look closer than it was. Losing 3 of the top4 batsman for a total of 7 runs is always going to make a run chase a struggle.
Birmingham Phoenix Trends
- Played: 7
- Won: 5
- Lost: 2
- NRR: 1.0630
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, L
- Moeen Ali will miss this match as he has been called up to the test squad for teh 2nd test agaisnt India.
- Birmingham has won all 4 of thier home games this season.
- Away from home thier form has been off and they will need to improve to get a win here.
Birmingham Phoenix Top Batters
Ali will be a big miss to the side as he has joined up with the England team. Livingstone and Smeed will be critical to getting a win to get one foot in the final.
Birmingham Phoenix Top Bowlers
Tahir’s 5/25 was an exceptional bowling performance.
Birmingham Phoenix Last Match vs Welsh Fire
Birmingham Phoenix won by 93 runs
Birmingham Pheonix absolutely smashed the Welsh fire here. Thair took the first 5 for of the Hundred so far. Will Smeed and Ali looked in fine nick and Smeed would be a good pick for your dream 11 in this upcoming match.
Trent Rockets vs Birmingham Phoenix Match Prediction
The top 2 teams face off and the winner will be within 1 match of getting to the first Hundred final. There is a big incentive for both teams to really go for the win here. The form of the 2 is very similar – they are both very strong at home but not away. The loss of Moeen Ali to Birmingham Pheonix will come as a big blow as he has been in great form.
Predicted result: Trent Rockets to win
We cannot go against the home form of the Trent Rockets.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent won by 21 runs Sussex vs Kent Stats and Trends Sussex Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.4790 Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L The semi-finals […]
- Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset won by 2 wickets (with 2 balls remaining) Hampshire vs Somerset Stats and Trends Hampshire Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 5 NRR: 0.3880 Last 5 results: W, W, W, […]
- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 32nd Match Format: T20 Result Rajasthan Royals won by 2 runs Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Stats and Trends Punjab Kings Trends Played: 9 Won: 3 Lost: 6 NRR: -0.3450 […]