- Match: Oval Invincibles vs London Spirit
- Date: August 14, 2021
- Start Time: 6:00pm
- Stadium: Kennington Oval
- Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 28th Match
- Format: 100-Ball
Oval Invincibles won by 2 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
Oval Invincibles vs London Spirit Stats and Trends
Oval Invincibles Trends
- Played: 7
- Won: 4
- Lost: 2
- NRR: 0.2650
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, W, L
- Oval Invincibles are 4th in the table and still have a chance of making the eliminator match and the final – they will need a win here though.
- They are dependant on the results of the Trent Rockets going their way if they are to qualify..
- They have scored the second-lowest number of runs in the tournament.
Oval Invincibles Top Batters
- Roy -174 runs
- Billings – 122 runs
- Ingram – 118 runs
Roy has been outstanding in the Hundred. This format really suits his game. Billings has been consistent in his play.
Oval Invincibles Top Bowlers
- Curran – 7 wickets
- Narine – 6 wickets
- Mahmood – 5 wickets
Curran has bowled well. Narine has been the most economical of the Invincibles top bowlers.
Oval Invincibles Last Match vs Trent Rockets
Oval Invincibles won by 9 runs
Roy’s 56 at an SR of 193 set up the win very well. Narine bowled superbly in this match. If they are to make the finals they could be the 2 star players for the team.
London Spirit Trends
- Played: 7
- Won: 1
- Lost: 5
- NRR: -0.8450
- Last 5 results: L, W, L, L, L
- The Hundred was over for London Spirit a long time ago!
- They have now managed 1 win in 6 matches and need more points to avoid getting the first wooden spoon.
- They have been very poor in this tournament as they have just never got started.
London Spirit Top Batters
- J Inglis – 99 runs
- A Rossington – 96 runs
- E Morgan – 85 runs
This shows the depth of their problems – not a single player over 100 runs in 6 matches. Englan’s Eoin Morgan has struggled despite clearly having enough ability to play in this format of cricket. It has been strange to watch the performances of these players as none of them have impressed.
London Spirit Top Bowlers
- M Nabi – 6 wickets
- B Cullen – 6 wickets
- B Wheal – 4 wickets
Again the issues are glaring. They are yet to have a bowler take more than 1 wicket per match on average, excluding Wheal who has only played 1 match. Cullen and Nabi are capable of better than this but like the whole team, they have not performed at their best. Nabi does come away with some credibility with a 6.75 economy so far.
London Spirit Last Match vs Manchester Originals
London Spirit won by 6 runs
Brad Wheal came into the team and was an absolute game-changer for them. His 4/17 from 3 overs was an exceptional spell and won them the match. He took the player of the match award.
Oval Invincibles vs London Spirit Match Prediction
Londons Spirits’ last win does not take away from how poorly they have performed. Wheal came in and changed things but it was still a close result. They have nothing to play for in this match and the Invincibles have everything to play for.
Predicted result: Oval Invincibles to win the match comfortably.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent won by 21 runs Sussex vs Kent Stats and Trends Sussex Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.4790 Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L The semi-finals […]
- Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset won by 2 wickets (with 2 balls remaining) Hampshire vs Somerset Stats and Trends Hampshire Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 5 NRR: 0.3880 Last 5 results: W, W, W, […]
- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 32nd Match Format: T20 Result Rajasthan Royals won by 2 runs Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Stats and Trends Punjab Kings Trends Played: 9 Won: 3 Lost: 6 NRR: -0.3450 […]