- Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers
- Date: August 3, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: Lord’s
- Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match
- Format: 100-Ball
Northern Superchargers won by 63 runs
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Stats and Trends
London Spirit Trends
- Played: 5
- Won: 0
- Lost: 4
- NRR: -1.2350
- Last 5 results: L, L, L, N, L
- London Spirit is the worst-performing team in the Hundred so far. They have now play4 matches, losing 3 and have 1 no result. They have been really off the pace in this new format of the game and they have a lot of work to do to improve. Fortunately, they have a great chance in this match playing second-bottom Northern SuperChargers.
- Head coach Shane Warne will miss this match as he’s in isolation currently.
- In the last match, London Spirt got the highest power-play score in the tournament but still managed to lose!
London Spirit Top Batters
The top 3
- JP Inglis – 78 runs
- Z Crawley 64 runs
- AM Rossington 49 runs
- Crawley has the most sixes with 3.
- JP Inglis has the most fours with 8.
- Inglis and Crawly both have 1 half-century each.
London Spirit Top Bowlers
Top 3 bowlers so far
- BC Cullen 4 wickets
- RE van der Merwe 3 wickets
- Mohammad Nabi 3 wickets
- Mohammad Amir wickets
Nabi has the best economy at 6.9
Cullen has the worst economy at 9.75, he also has the bet strike rate at 10
London Spirit Last Match vs Southern Brave
Southern Brave won by 4 runs
London Spirit were set 146 to win from their 100 balls. Rossington smashed his 45 runs early and at 68/1 on ball 27 London was the strong favourites to win the match. Then came the collapse. Inglis did well with 55 from 43 balls but no other batter got to double figures with Garton, Jordan, and Mills taking the wickets. They finished in 141/7 to slump to their 3rd loss of the Hundred so far.
Northern Superchargers Trends
- Played: 5
- Won: 2
- Lost: 2
- NRR: 0.3780
- Last 5 results: W, W, N, L, L
- Northern Superchargers have now won 1 game from 4 matches (the figures above are not up to date).
- They have done okay with the bat scoring 428 runs so far, the 4th highest. They are also 4th for runs conceded and have lost some tight matches. Their NRR of -0.176 shows this. They are a team ready to move up the table, in our opinion.
- Potts is leading the way in the field with 3 catches so far, 5 other players have 1 catch each.
- Ben Stokes has left the Hundred competition for personal reasons.
Northern Superchargers Top Batters
Top 3 batters
- HC Brook 147 runs
- JA Simpson 67 runs
- CA Lynn 61 runs
Brook is way out in front for the Superchargers. He has 6 sixes so far and no other players have had more than 1. His 13 fours also are leading the way with Simpson the closest on 8.
Northern Superchargers Top Bowlers
- AU Rashid 6 wickets
- BA Stokes 3 wickets
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman 3 wickets
Rashid has the best economy of the players available for this match
Northern Superchargers Last Match vs Oval Invincibles
Northern Superchargers won by 6 wickets (with 3 balls remaining)
The Superchargers got their first win of the season here with a 6 wicket run over the Oval Invincibles with 3 balls remaining.
Adil Rashid’s 3/13 from 20 balls was a highlight of the Hundred so far for the SuperChargers.
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Match Prediction
On paper 2nd bottom v bottom looks like a terrible game but we think this game is different. When we consider the stats and trends for both teams it is clear that Northern Superchargers have been playing the better of the 2 teams.
Match prediction: Superchargers to win comfortably!
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent won by 21 runs Sussex vs Kent Stats and Trends Sussex Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.4790 Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L The semi-finals […]
- Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset won by 2 wickets (with 2 balls remaining) Hampshire vs Somerset Stats and Trends Hampshire Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 5 NRR: 0.3880 Last 5 results: W, W, W, […]
- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 32nd Match Format: T20 Result Rajasthan Royals won by 2 runs Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Stats and Trends Punjab Kings Trends Played: 9 Won: 3 Lost: 6 NRR: -0.3450 […]