Match: Tasmania v New South Wales
Date: March 17th, 2021
Competition: Marsh One Day Cup
Stadium: Blundstone Arena, Australia
Ranking: 2nd of 6
- Played 3
- Won 2
- Lost 1
- NRR +1.277
Ranking: 1st of 6
- Played 3
- Won 2
- NRR +2.004
Trends & Recent Form
- This match is the first of two between then with the 4-day Sheffield Sheild match to follow.
- Tasmania was in great form in the last March Cup match getting out Australia all out for 104 in 32 overs. They then picked the runs off in 17.3 overs losing just 1 wicket.
- Tom Andrews was the top bowler with figures of 3/22 from 9 overs. Riley Meredith took the man of the match award with figures of 2/22 from 7 overs.
- Tim Paine was the top batsman with 54 runs from 68 balls, he was the only wicket that fell at 104/1.
New South Wales form
- The last Marsh Cup match for New South Wales was called off without a ball being bowled due to the weather.
- In the first two matches, NSW took an average of 9.5 wickets.
- NSW have looked very strong in the two completed games so far and are a good favourite to win the cup this season.
- In the Sheffield Sheild, New South Wales also top the table with 3 wins from 6 in the 4-day version of the game.
- This year’s results are quite a turn around from NSW who finished bottom of the group with just 1 win from 7.
Match Prediction & Tips
New South Wales are a very short-priced favourite to beat Tasmania. With some sites, they are as low as 2/5 odds* on. This offers us no value at all and is not a pick we will be backing. We do expect them to win but have no interest in parting with any money for this return.
Match Prediction: New South Wales to win.
We have had a look through the other markets to see where we can find some better value and have a pick for these.
- Pick 1: A hundred to be scored in the match – yes 4/5*
*Only placed after the toss if NSW bats first.
New South Wales is blessed with a number of quality players, including captain David Warner. If they bet first we would expect them to put on 300+. In the match where they batted first Steve Smith top-scored with 127.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball