- Match: Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire
- Date: July 9, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: Trent Bridge
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – North Group
- Format: T20
- Played: 12
- Won: 8
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 1.4450
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, D
- Played: 12
- Won: 7
- Lost: 4
- NRR: 0.3810
- Last 5 results: L, W, L, W, L
Nottinghamshire won by 10 wickets (with 20 balls remaining)
- Nottinghamshire is having an excellent Blast this year with just 1 defeat in 11 matches. They have won 7 and are flying high on the table. Their performances have been excellent and they have been one of the teams to watch.
- They are top of the table and have the best net run rate in the Northern League. They look set to qualify for the later stages of the tournament.
- Alex Hales is the top scorer for Nottinghamshire with 382 runs from 11 innings. As he is still out in the cold for England he will play every match in this years Blast and could end the season as the top run-scorer if he keeps up his current rate. Hales is also 6th in the most sixes with 17 from 11 innings.
- The Nottingham bowling attack has worked well. Ball and Harrison have both taken 4 for and Harrison and Patel have both managed a maiden over. Patel’s came from figures of 1/4 from 4 overs against Worcestershire – incredible bowling.
- Yorkshire Vikings can go to the top of the league with a win over top places Notts Outlaws. They have also won 7 of their 11 matches but have lost 3 so far.
- With 463 runs HC Brook si the highest scoring batsman in the league so far. He has top-scored with 91 not out and is showing his quality with his excellent performances.
- Adam Lyth has been solid in his run-scoring with an average of 19 with a strike rate of 150. Over 10 games these are reasonable figures. Jonny Bairstow is the second-highest run-scorer with 295 from 4 matches but he is unavailable for this match and is unlikely to feature for the team any time soon.
- Ferguson, Bess and Fisher all are in double figures for wickets in the Blast. Bess leads the bowlers with an average of 6.56 taking 10 wickets in 7 matches.
- Brook has the most sixes with 20 and is in 2nd place overall, behind Phillips from Gloucestershire who has an astonishing 29!
Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire Match Prediction
The top two going head to head is always a good watch. Both teams are playing well and this is a blockbuster of a game. Alex Hales was yet again left out of the England team even after a change of the full 11. He will really feel has a point to prove as the T20 World Cup is coming but he’s running out of time to get back in the squad.
Yorkshire has been solid but has lost 3 so far. They have lost 2 of the last 3 but did have an excellent win over Lancashire in the last match after a very poor performance against the Birmingham Bears.
Match prediction – Nottinghamshire to win the match
We’re going for Nottinghamshire to win this one. They are in the better form of the two teams and Alex Hales is the stand out performer of those who is playing in this match. There has been a number of changes that happen with the changes to the England squad, with Nottingham less affected than Yorkshire.
Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
Nottinghamshire Last Match vs Warwickshire
Nottinghamshire absolutely destroyed the Birmingham Bears – what a performance! They set them 178 to win and got them all out for 63, winning by a massive 114 runs.
Yorkshire Last Match vs Lancashire
What a match this was in the war of the roses. Yorkshire batted first and at 2/30 it did not seem to be going well. A 52 from Lyth helped build the score but it was the 91 not out from Harry Brook in 50 balls that really set up this match.
Yorkshire limited Lancashire to 171/9 winning by 9 wickets.
Here are some other previews you may like
- West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I West Indies vs Pakistan Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies can tie the series with a win. The current score is 1-0 after 2 matches have been washed […]
- London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Stats and Trends London Spirit Trends Played: 3 Won: 0 Lost: 2 NRR: -0.4540 Last 5 results: L, N, L London Spirit is the worst-performing […]
- Bangladesh vs Australia – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Can Bangladesh get the better of Australia on home soil?Match: Bangladesh vs Australia Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 12:00pm Stadium: Shere Bangla National Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Bangladesh vs Australia Stats and Trends Bangladesh Trends Bangladesh is ranked 10th in the world for T20 cricket. They have 222 points. They have only played 16 matches in […]