- Match: Nottinghamshire vs Hampshire
- Date: August 25, 2021
- Start Time: 6:00pm
- Stadium: Trent Bridge
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Quarter Final
- Format: T20
Hampshire won by 2 runs
Nottinghamshire vs Hampshire Stats and Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 9
- Lost: 2
- NRR: 1.5030
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, W
The Outlaws qualified in emphatic style winning 9 of their 14 matches. Their NRR of 1.503 was more than double any other team in both leagues.
They are the favorites to win the tournament this year and in our opinion are the team to beat.
As you would expect with that NRR the Outlaws have had some big wins. They have top-scored with 221/4 with the bat. They have also performed well with the ball, including getting the Birmingham Bears all out for 63.
Nottinghamshire Top Batters
The Outlaws batters have been playing consistently. Alex Hales is the top batsman now for the team with 463 for the Blast from 248 balls. His form has been exceptional but it still looks like he won’t get back in the England team no matter how he plays!
Nottinghamshire Top Bowlers
The data above is not correct.
Nottingham Outlaws have 2 bowlers in the top 10 for the Blast – Harrison, and Ball both with 18 wickets. They are some way off the top performer, Naveen-ul-Haq how has 26 wickets for Leicestershire. Their attack bowling has been excellent and both work well in the same team keeping the pressure on the batting attack. Harrisons economy rate of 6.78 stands out in the team, Ball has the same wickets but has been expensive at times with an average of 9.37.
Nottinghamshire Last Match vs Durham
Nottinghamshire won by 78 runs
An excellent win for Nottingham to secure the top spot in the group. Ben Ducket’s performance was key and he took the player of the match award.
- Played: 14
- Won: 6
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.3880
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, W
Hampshire finished 4th in the Southern League and play the top position from the Northern League in the quarter-final.
Hampshire qualified by the slightest of margins a 0.388 NNR over the 0.332 NRR of Surrey.
Hampshire broke 200 runs on 1 occasion getting 215/6 back in June. They hid have a higher run rate when they chased down 187 in 13 overs against Glamorgan in July. They were on a 14.38 run rate in that chase which was exceptional.
Hampshire Top Batters
|Colin de Grandhomme|
The stats above are not up to date due to a system error.
Vince, Weatherley, and Short have to lead the way with 365, 333, and 307 runs respectively. Weatherley leads the way with 15 sixes, Short has 12 and Vince has just 6. Vice is way in front for fours in the team with 50, Short has 37 and Weatherley has 20.
Hampshire Top Bowlers
The stats above have not been updated due to a system error.
Currie, Wheal, Crane, and Wood have all done well getting 15, 14, 14, and 10 wickets respectively. They have all been around 8 in terms of economy.
Hampshire Last Match vs Glamorgan
Hampshire won by 6 wickets (with 42 balls remaining)
|D Arcy Short|
This was an astonishing performance from Hampshire. Short hit 69 from 30, Vince hit 39 from 21 balls, Weatherley obliterated 43 runs from just 13 balls – a 330.76 strike rate. Incredible. If they’d maintained this run rate for 20 overs they would have finished on 287!
Nottinghamshire vs Hampshire Match Prediction
You would expect this to be an easy match to call with the top of one league playing the 4th placed in another but a look at the most recent form tells a different story. These are the 2 form teams in the Blast.
Nottinghamshire’s last match was canceled so we will ignore that one.
Prior to that, they have lost just 1 in their last 12 matches. They have had some big wins in the last 6 too. A 114 run win over Birmingham Bears and a 10 wicket win over Yorkshire. The only blip has been a 2 wicket defeat to Leicestershire in the penultimate game.
Hampshire has had a remarkable group stage. They looked way off the pace early on to then go and win their last 6 in a row to qualify by less than a .1 net run-rate difference. The dressing room will be flying with confidence after these results.
Predicted result: Nottingham Outlaws to win in a close high scoring match.
We are siding with Nottinghamshire as their from has been solid all match. This will be a tight one and is probably the pick of the T20 Blast matches.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent won by 21 runs Sussex vs Kent Stats and Trends Sussex Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.4790 Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L The semi-finals […]
- Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset won by 2 wickets (with 2 balls remaining) Hampshire vs Somerset Stats and Trends Hampshire Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 5 NRR: 0.3880 Last 5 results: W, W, W, […]
- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 32nd Match Format: T20 Result Rajasthan Royals won by 2 runs Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Stats and Trends Punjab Kings Trends Played: 9 Won: 3 Lost: 6 NRR: -0.3450 […]