Match: Essex Eagles v Hampshire Hawks
Competition: T20 Vitality Blast, England.
Stadium: County Ground, Chelmsford
Trends & Recent Form
Both teams have got their opener out of the way with Essex getting off to a good win while Hampshire took a bit of a beating.
We’ll look over the form for these 2 teams, some stats and trends, and players to watch in our T20 preview.
Essex Eagles form
Position: 2nd of 9 (at time of writing)
- Played: 1
- Won: 1
- Lost: 0
- Net Run Rate: +0.679
- Top Batsman: Neesham 53 runs
- Top Bowler: S Cook – 3/14 (3)
Latest stats and trends
- Essex made a good start in this year’s tournament with a relatively comfortable win over Somerset in their opening game.
- Essex bowled first and limited Somerset to 185/7. This could have been better though but for the bowling of Plom and Neesham who went for a combined total of 90 from 6 overs – a shocking performance!
- Essex chased down the runs with 7 balls to spare and Neesham made up for his bowling, top-scoring with 53 from 25 balls just as the game seemed to be getting away from them. At 109/4 from 13.2 overs, Somerset looked like they would cruise to a victory before Neeshams innings.
- Essex has won just 1 of their last 5 matches in the T20 format.
Hampshire Hawks form
Position: 9th of 9
- Played: 1
- Won: 0
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: -1.9
- Top Batsman: Weatherly 32 runs
- Top Bowler: Crane 3/23 (4 overs)
Latest stats and trends
- Hampshire Hawks were given a thumping in the opening match losing by 38 runs after a batting collapse.
- In the match, Kent batted first and set a target of 177 to win after finishing gon 176/6. Kent played consistently and the score looked around par for the wicket.
- Hampshire was going well in the run chase putting on 50 for the first wicket in 6.1 overs. At 73/3 at the halfway point they looked to be going well in the chase. Even at 94/4 on 14.1 they still had a chance, then came the collapse.
- Hampshire fell from 93/3 to end up on 129/9 a loss of 6 wickets for 35 runs. A very poor end to the match.
Head to head stats
- Essex wins – 13
- Hampshire wins – 13
- Tied – 3
- No result – 4
- Abandoned – 4
- 16 September – Essex won by 54 runs
- 1 September – Hampshire won by 1 wicket – 1 ball remaining
Match Prediction & Tips
With only 1 match to go off this is a tough one to call for use. Hampshire was going well before they collapsed. Kent was struggled before a smash and grab from Neesham so the form isn’t as clear as it may look.
As always we will be looking for some value in our picks.
Match Prediction: Essex to win at 10/11*
Both teams were at the same odds when we looked over this match and we have to lean to Essex in this case. They have 1 win so far and Hampshire will still be reeling from the style of their defeat.
Predicted scores (If batting first)
Essex Eagles 185-195/7
Hampshire Hawks 165-175/8
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars PSL Preview and Prediction: Can Quetta finally play like Gladiators?
Match: Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars Date: 15th June 2021 Competition: Pakistan Super League Location: UAE Trends & Recent Form The Quetta Gladitors need to
Match: Islamabad United v Lahore Qalandars Date: 13th June 2021 Competiton: Pakistan Super League Format: T20 Trends & Recent Form The top 2 face off
Essex Eagles v Hampshire Hawks T20 Blast Preview: Hawks will be looking to bounce back after opening match defeat
Match: Essex Eagles v Hampshire Hawks Date: 11-6-21 Competition: T20 Vitality Blast, England. Stadium: County Ground, Chelmsford Trends & Recent Form Both teams have got