- Match: Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes
- Date: December 11, 2021
- Start Time: 7:35am
- Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground
- Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 8th Match
- Format: T20
Hobart Hurricanes won by 44 runs (D/L method)
Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes Stats and Trends
Sydney Sixers Trends
- Played: 3
- Won: 2
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 2.1030
- Last 5 results: L, W, W
The Sixers are the form team in the Big Bash. They have started well with 2 good wins including an absolute smashing of the Melbourne Stars in the first match of the Big Bash. They will be confident of another win over the Hurricanes here.
The Sixers will be without Sean Abbott who is away with the Australian A team and Ben Dwarshius who is missing with a continued injury. The team will be very similar to the win in the reverse of this fixture against the Hobarts.
Tom Curran is performing well so far taking wickets and getting runs. Captain Moises Henriques is the standout player for the Sixers so far. His experience as a batter and as captain will be invaluable to the Sixers again in this match.
Sydney Sixers Last Match vs Hobart Hurricanes
Sydney Sixers won by 14 runs
This was a fortunate win for the Sixers who looked to be on the ropes. They batted first and really struggled to get going in the match. At 39/5 it looked like the match would be a very low scoring one and an easy win for the Hurricanes.
Henriques played a captains innings with his 73 at a 152 strike rate. He really dug in and kept scoring at a good rate. Tom Curran came in and got a very sensible 27 at a lower rate to allow Henriques to keep the runs going. This was a very mature performance from Curran who also shone with the ball. The 144 they fishing on looked to be 30 more than they deserved and left the bowlers with a good chance in return.
Curran’s 3/27 from 4 made him the top bowler in the team and the match, by just 1 run conceded. Kerr did well only conceding 15 off 3 over and taking 2 wickets. In the end, they won by 14 runs after the Hurricanes fizzled out.
Hobart Hurricanes Trends
- Played: 2
- Won: 1
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 0.7890
- Last 5 results: W, L
With just one match played so far the Hurricanes will be keen to get a win to get their Big Bash going. They should have beaten the Sixer last time and will be eager to get revenge over them.
The Hurricanes are still missing 4 players with international duty, injury and Covid impacting the available players. None of these players is expected to return to the squad for this match and all could be over a week away from returning. Jordan Cox and Tom Lammonby are expected to maintain their places in the team.
Hobart Hurricanes Last Match vs Sydney Sixers
Sydney Sixers won by 14 runs
The team should be kicking themselves for losing this match. They had the Sixers on the ropes and then let them fight back. At 39/5 they should have limited them to 120 as a maximum but let them get 20 runs too many. Hurricanes were going well until a late collapse was their undoing. The team was not helped by D’Arcy Short’s knock of 21 at a 58 strike rate. When playing like that he would have been better to get out than keep scoring runs slowly. They need a much better performance from their openers to get a win against the Sixers in this rematch.
Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes Match Prediction
The last game made this look closer than it really should be. The Sixers showed their home form in the opening match and we are expecting to see that again in this match. They have more firepower than the depleted Hurricanes and more experience to call on.
Predicted result: Sixers to win comfortably
Predicted scores if batting first:
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 26, 2022 Start Time: 8:25am Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger Format: T20 Result Sydney Sixers won by 4 wickets (with 0 ball remaining) Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends Sydney Sixers Trends Played: 14 Won: 9 Lost: 4 […]
- Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – January 22, 2022: Can the Scorcher carry on their red hot form?Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Date: January 22, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Docklands Stadium Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier Format: T20 Result Perth Scorchers won by 49 runs Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Stats and Trends Perth Scorchers Trends Played: 14 Won: 11 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.9260 Last 5 results: […]
- Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match Format: T20 Result Adelaide Strikers won by 71 runs Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends Brisbane Heat Trends Played: 11 Won: 3 Lost: 8 NRR: -0.7340 Last 5 […]