- Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers
- Date: January 26, 2022
- Start Time: 8:25am
- Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground
- Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger
- Format: T20
Sydney Sixers won by 4 wickets (with 0 ball remaining)
Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends
Sydney Sixers Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 9
- Lost: 4
- NRR: 1.0270
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L
It’s the Sixers second chance to make the final after losing their last game to the finalists Perth Scorchers. They will have to do it the long way round if they are to win the Big Bash this year.
The Sixers have won 1 of their last 3 matches and 3 of the last 7. They lost to the Scorchers in the knock out match and the Strikers in their penultimate match of the group stages. They have now lost to Perth Scorchers 3 times this year.
The Sixers 35 points and +1.027 NRR was a good return for them for the season. They qualified about arch-rivals Sydney Thunder on the net run rate. Sydney Thunder then lost to the Strikers who Sydney face today.
Sydney Sixers Last Match vs Perth Scorchers
Perth Scorchers won by 49 runs
This was a bit of a thumping at the hands of the Perth Scorchers. The Sixers did not get going at all. The Scorchers batted first and were very solid knocking an impressive 189/3. The Sixers bowlers did not take enough wickets and the Scorchers were 120/1 at the fall of the first wicket.
In return, the Sixers performed poorly with the bat ending 140 all out with 4 balls remaining. This performance was an embarrassment to the top order batters. After 11 overs they were 55/7 and the game was all over. Ben Dwarshuis came out with some credit getting 66 from 29 balls but this wasn’t enough to even get them close to the target.
The Sixer will have to perform a lot better than this to get to the final.
Adelaide Strikers Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 6
- Lost: 8
- NRR: 0.2370
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, L
The Strikers have been doing all the work to get into this position winning their last 2 playoff matches to have a shot at making the final.
They beat the Sixers in their last group match to secure 4th place by just 1 point from the Hobart Hurricanes.
They are in red hot from now with 6 wins in a row covering the group stages and the knockout match. Going back a little further they have 7 wins from their last 8 matches and will be in a confident mood heading into this match against the Sixers.
In their last match against the Sixers, they really got the better of them. The Sixers batted first and were limited to 161/7. Fawad Ahmed was the top perfroming bowler with 3/16 from 4 – very impressive numbers. Captain Peter Siddle also took 2 wickets but was more expensive going for 32 runs.
With the bat the Strikers always looked incontrol. They had raced to 45 when the first wicket fell at 3.5 overs. Ian Cockbain came in and smash an unbeaten 71 from 42 balls. The Strikers saw the win home with 15 balls to spare.
Adelaide Strikers Last Match vs Sydney Thunder
Adelaide Strikers won by 6 runs
This was a great performance by the Strikers. They posted 184/6 which looked like a very good score on the wicket. Ian Cockbain was the top scorer with 65 from 38, he has been playing well in the later stages of the tournament.
With the ball, Harry Conway was the top bowler with 2/33 from 4. All the bowlers were expensive with Henry Thornton going for 11.67 runs per over. Sydney Thunder did make an interesting match of it getting 178/6 from their 10 overs but fell 6 runs short.
Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Match Prediction
This should be an excellent match with a chance to get to the final the big prize for both teams. The Sixers have scraped through to this stage but could still win it. The Adelaide Strikers are the clear team in form and will take some beating. They have impressed the Cricketics team in the second half of the Big Bash and they have some serious momentum going into this match
Predicted result: Adelaide Strikers to win
Predicted score if batting first
Sydney Sixers: 160/8
Adelaide Strikers: 190/5
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more