- Match: Surrey vs Kent
- Date: July 9, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: Kennington Oval
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – South Group
- Format: T20
- Played: 13
- Won: 5
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.1540
- Last 5 results: L, L, W, L, N
- Played: 12
- Won: 8
- Lost: 3
- NRR: 0.5230
- Last 5 results: W, W, N, L, W
Kent won by 9 wickets (with 27 balls remaining)
- Surrey has won 2 of their last 4 completed matches and has lost 2.despite sitting top of the league their form is somewhat mixed in recent matches. Against Somerset, they lost by 10 wickets failing to take a single wicket when defending 169 runs. Tom Banton destroyed their bowlers hitting 107 from 51 balls in an explosive inning. Qais Ahmed was the only blower with an economy under 10, with a respectable 5.75.
- Surrey will be without key players who will be with the England squad for the ODI series. Sam Curran, Olie Pope and Jason Roy will all be missing. The squad is a little depleted by the England situation, like most in the Blast. Will Jacks, who has been playing well, has also been called up to the England squad leaving the batting lineup a little short.
- Evans has the most sixes for Surrey of the players still in the squad with 8 from 10 matches, this will be a good chance for him to step up.
Kent sits top of the Southern league currently with 15 points from 11 matches. They have won 7 and lost 3 so far and their net run rate is nothing to shout about at 0.347. The top of the Southern League is very tight with the top 5 teams separated by only 3 points.
- Jordan Cox is the leading run-scorer for Kent with 300 runs at 1 135 SR. These are some very impressive figures for a 20-year-old batter and he looks like a good prospect for English cricket in this format.
- Afgan spinner Qais Ahamd is the bowler to watch. He’s taken 5 wickets in 8 matches at an economy rate of 7.40. He’s recently signed up for this year’s inaugural hundred to so he will be one to watch through the summer and will be gaining some good experience this year.
- Captain Bell-Drummond has the most sixes for the team with 14 in 10 matches. He will again be key to the fortunes of Kent as his presence and experience will be a benefit to the players around him. Leaning has 13 sixes so far and Crawley has 11.
Surrey vs Kent Match Prediction
With all the changes this week this match looks like a very tight affair between two good teams. Surrey has a better net run rate and it is the 3 no results that have held them back in the points – 1 more win and they would have been top.
Match prediction – Kent to win
With the 2 squads available here we think Kent are the stronger of the 2 teams. This will be a tight match and we could see some big scores from both teams.
Surrey vs Kent Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
|Ollie Edward Robinson|
Top Bowlers This Season
Surrey Last Match vs Kent
These 2 teams met in their last match in the T20 blast with Kent winning by 11 runs in a high scoring game. They set Surrey 192 to win after an excellent batting performance. Surrey chased well but could not get over the line finishing with 180/6. Will Jacks took the player of the match award with 87 from 54 but it was not enough. Adam Milne finished the match with a hatrick on the last 3 balls.
Kent Last Match vs Surrey
See above for the match comments.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for […]
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good […]
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of […]