Match: Super Smash 2021 Final
Time: 9am India
Stadium: Basin Reserve, New Zealand
Ranking: 1st in group stages
Last Match: Firebirds beat the Aces by 39 runs after scoring 230/2
Ranking: 3rd in group stages
Last Match: Kings won by 4 wickets over the Central Stags to reach the final
Trends & Recent Form
- A nice warm day is instore – 211 degrees with some sun and some cloud.
- The firebird has the chance to be the first team to win a double-double with both the ladies and men’s teams in the finals. Both teams won last years finals.
- The Firebirds got to the final in impressive form winning 9 of their 10 group stage games.
- Top performances with the bat so far, are Finn Allen 496 runs and Devon Conway, 362 runs.
- Top performances with the ball so far are, Hamish Bennett, 13 wickets and Jimmy Meesham 11 wickets.
- They qualified 3rd in the group stages with 6 wins from their 10 matches.
- Canterbury Kings made the finals in dramatic style with the winning runs coming with 1 ball to spare. The 17th over only went for 7 runs, it was only 2 sixes and a 4 in the 18th over that got them back on track for the win.
- The top team batsmen so far are Daryl Mitchell, 339 runs and Cole McConchie, 254 runs.
- The top team bowlers are Matt Henry with 14 wickets and Daryl Mitchell with 10 wickets.
Head to head stats
2021 tournament results
- Wellington won by 7 wickets (25-1-21)
- Firebirds 154/3
- Kings 153/7
- Kings won by 4 wickets (16-1-21)
- Kings 155/6
- Firebirds 154/7
Match Prediction & Tips*
This looks a great final between 2 very good teams. The Firebirds will be looking to make history against the only team to beat them in this year’s Super Smash – The Canterbury Kings. In both games between these two, the matches have been decided with just a ball or two to spare, this could be another epic match.
Match Result: Canterbury to win at 13/2*
As we have mentioned this looks a close one to call with both previous meetings being very close. With that in mind, the odds of 13/2* are too much for us to pass up. The Kings have played well in parts and their bowling attack has been economically limiting the Firebirds to 154 & 155 in their matches. This is a provision sign for them heading into the final.
To win this the Kings will need to be at the top of their game with the ball and top-order wickets will be key in keeping the score down.
We have an extra tip for this year final. These are where we have found some extra value in the odds.
- Tip: Match to go to a super over 18/1*
Both previous meetings have been won by 1 run in the last, or second last ball of the match. 18/1 on a super over is worth a smaller stakes punt for this final.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Netherlands v Scotland – 1st ODI Date: 19th May 2021 Stadium: Hazelaarweg Stadion, Rotterdam Trends & Recent Form After a long break from international
Match: Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers Tournament: Vinchy T10 Time: 11PM India Trends & Recent Form Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers
Match: Grenadines Divers v La Soufriere Hikers Date: 17th May 2021 Tournament: Vincy T10, Carribean Trends & Recent Form The next match in this quick-fire T10