- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians
- Date: October 8, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium
- Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 55th Match
- Format: T20
Mumbai Indians won by 42 runs
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians Stats and Trends
Sunrisers Hyderabad Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 3
- Lost: 11
- NRR: -0.5450
- Last 5 results: L, W, L, L, W
SRH are down and out in the IPL . They have secured the bottom spot with their final match still to play. We’d like to say they still have pride to play for but that is long gone now.
They do have 2 wins in their last 5 somehow but still have only managed 3 wins overall. This has been a very poor tournament for the team and the SRH fans.
Jonny Bairstow is still the top performer for SRH despite only playing 7 matches and not returning to the second half of the IPL in the UAE. This is astonishing and shows how bad the players who have stuck with SRH have been.
Unsupiingly Rashid Khan has taken the most wickets for the team with 16. He is one of the best bowlers in T20 cricket in the world but with 4 overs he cannot beat teams on his own. He has lacked the support of another 2 bowlers to keep the pressure on the players. His 6.44 economy is still the best of any of the bowlers in the top 10 wicket-takers and 3rd in the top 25. You would expect if SRH is to get anything from this match Khan will need to play to the best of his ability.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Last Match vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 4 runs
This was a shock result seeing SRH beat RCB, although RCB has already qualified for the knock out stages. Every SRH bowler took a wicket and they just kept coming. It was this pressure that meant RCB just could not get going in the run chase.
Mumbai Indians Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 7
- Lost: 7
- NRR: 0.1160
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, W, L
Note: This was written before KKRs last match.
Mumbai Indians need a win or their IPL 2021 is all over. Depending on other results they may need a substantial win to better KKR’s net run rate. All eyes will be on the defending champions in this match. If you could pick who you’d need to beat in the last match to qualify it would be bottom of the table Sunrisers.
If NRR comes into play you would expect it to be all over before it has started with the leap needed to be too much even for this Mumbai team.
Seasoned international Jasprit Bumrah is the leading wicket-taker for the Indians. He has 19 wickets with a 7.27 economy rate. Chahar has 13 and Trent Boult has 12. Mumbai has a solid attack but has been underwhelming all IPL 2021. They had a great opportunity to win 3 IPL’s in a row but it has just not happened for them this season.
Rohit Sharma is the leading runs scorer with 363 runs but he is a long way off the 626 runs that tp scorer KL Rahul has hit. We would expect more from a top batsman like Sharma. Quniton de Kock is next in the MI batters with 297 runs but at a SR of 116 – he has not been scoring quickly enough for T20 cricket. It is the batting of Mumbai that has let the team down the most.
Mumbai Indians Last Match vs Rajasthan Royals
Mumbai Indians won by 8 wickets (with 70 balls remaining)
Mumbai Indians scored the win they needed to keep their playoff hopes alive with an absolute thumping of Rajasthan Royals. Kishan finally showed some form with 50 runs off 25 balls. Coulter Nile’s 4/14 for 4 was exception bowling and well supported by James Neesham’s 3/12 from 3 overs.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians Match Prediction
It is hard to go for anything other than a Mumbai Indians win in this match. If KKR does win and it is all but over for Mumbai then it could lead to a different result in the match. In that case, both teams would have nothing to play for and anything could happen. If Mumbai needs a win to qualify then we would be backing Mumbai to get the win. Sunrisers did well against RCB in their last match but we would be surprised to see them win back to back matches when something was riding on it for the opposition.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: India vs Pakistan Date: October 24, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – 16th Match Format: T20I India vs Pakistan Stats and Trends India Trends India looks ready to go for the T20 World Cup after 2 very good wins in the warm-up […]
- Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 15, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – Final Format: T20 Result Chennai Super Kings won by 27 runs Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Stats and Trends Chennai Super Kings Trends Played: 14 Won: […]
- Match: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 13, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – Qualifier 2 Format: T20 Result Kolkata Knight Riders won by 3 wickets (with 1 ball remaining) Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Stats and Trends Delhi Capitals Trends Played: 14 […]