- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Chennai Super Kings
- Date: September 30, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 44th Match
- Format: T20
Chennai Super Kings won by 6 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Chennai Super Kings Stats and Trends
Sunrisers Hyderabad Trends
- Played: 11
- Won: 2
- Lost: 9
- NRR: -0.4900
- Last 5 results: L, W, L, L, L
Bottom of the table Sun Risers Hyderabad looks down and out in this year’s IPL. Sitting on 4 points from 10 matches they will need a miracle turnaround to make the playoffs. Today they face top of the table CSK!
SRH will be boosted by a good win over Rajasthan in the last match which finally ended their losing streak.
Since the IPL returned to the UAE they have been struggling for runs getting just 134 and 120 in the opening two defeats. The 120 came for 7 wickets when they were only chasing 125 to win against 6th placed Punjab Kings.
If SRH wins this match they will still be bottom of the table.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Last Match vs Rajasthan Royals
Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 7 wickets (With 9 balls remaining)
This was an excellent performance from SRH and quite a turnaround from the previous matches. Roy and Williamson were excellent with the bat. Overall the bowlers did okay, we are used to better performances from Rashid Khan than an economy of 8. He does not seem to be enjoying the UAE pitches as much as the Indian wickets.
Chennai Super Kings Trends
- Played: 11
- Won: 9
- Lost: 2
- NRR: 1.0020
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, L
Chennai Super King has been excellent this year after a poor 2020. They top the table and have won 4 of their last 5 matches. They will be extremely confident going into this match with SRH.
Faf is the top batsman for CSK with 394 runs and is 4th overall, at the time of writing. Gaikwad is 5th overall with 362 runs.
CSK has won all 3 matches in the UAE. They were comfortable against MI and RCB winning by 20 runs and 6 wickets with 11 balls remaining respectively. The last match was a close affair winning off the last ball against the improving KKR.
Chennai Super Kings Last Match vs Kolkata Knight Riders
Chennai Super Kings won by 2 wickets (With 0 ball remaining)
|Faf du Plessis|
What a match this was! 1 run was needed off the last 2 balls and then they lost a wicket. Chahar came in and got the winning run needed. This was the closest we have been to a super over so far!
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Chennai Super Kings Match Prediction
On paper, this looks like an easy CSK win, it’s top of the table v bottom of the table. However, we feel the recent stats point to a closer game. In betting trends, we are always looking for signs of improvement in form and signs of dips in form. We have seen this from both teams with CSK scraping a win while SRH finally got a win.
This could be a closer match than most expect!
Match prediction: CSK to win in a close match
The team was split on this with some seeing the value in backing SRH to win based on the odds on offer.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]