- Match: Sri Lanka vs India
- Date: July 28, 2021
- Start Time: 2:30pm
- Stadium: R.Premadasa Stadium
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 2nd T20I
- Format: T20I
Sri Lanka won by 4 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
- As we predicted in the first T20I Sri Lanka would come up short against a very good India side.
- There were notable scores from opener Aviska Fernando with 26 and Charith Asalanka with 46.
- The rest of Sri Lankas batsmen returned a measly 50 runs between them.
- India were quite sublime with the bat in the first T20I v Sri Lanka.
- Suryakumar Yadav hit an impressive half century whilst Shikhar Dhawan knocked a very comfortable 46 from 36 balls.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar was Indias stand put bowler. 4 wickets in 3.3 overs.
Sri Lanka vs India Match Prediction
If Sri Lanka are to get anything from this T20I series they really need to find to up their game. Too many batsmen simply didn’t turn up and this was their downfall. Sri Lanka will surely not want a whitewash and will undoubtedly up their game in the second match.
Unfortunately for Sri Lanka they are facing arguably the best T20I side at present. India are an incredible force, with a strong batting lineup as well as possessing a fierce bowling attack. We can see only one winner in this match and will be backing India.
Sri Lanka vs India Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
Sri Lanka Last Match vs India
India Last Match vs Sri Lanka
There aren’t enough superlatives for this India side. Strength and depth is the bets way to describe their team and they have bags of it, mixed in with a nice helping of experience. India are strong, all over the pitch and they will be looking to dominate this T20I series.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more
Not enough from Sri Lanka in terms of batting scores. Consistency is key and if only one of your batsmen are getting anywhere near a half century against this India side, it simply wont be good enough.