- Match: Sri Lanka vs India
- Date: July 18, 2021
- Start Time: 9:30am
- Stadium: R.Premadasa Stadium
- Tournament: ICC Cricket World Cup Super League – 2020/2023 – 1st ODI
- Format: ODI
India won by 7 wickets (with 80 balls remaining)
Sri Lanka Stats
- Sri Lanka is currently 9th in the ODI world rankings.
- Sri Lanka comes into this match in poor form after getting stuffed by England! They lost the T20 series 3-0 and the ODI series 2-0 with the final match being called off due to the English summertime weather!
- We cannot see where Sri Lanka goes to in their squad to make any major improvements for India’s tour. They play 3 ODI’s followed by 3 T20’s and another whitewash could be on the cards if they don’t improve on their recent performances.
- Mushfiqur Rahim is the top-rated batter from Sri Lanka at 14th in the world.
India ODI Stats
- India is currently 4th in the world ODI rankings.
- Virat Kohli is ranked 2nd in the world ODI rankings for batters. He is just 16 points behind Babar Azam
- Jasprit Bumrah is the top-rated bowler from India at 6th in the world. Kumar is now 11th after moving above Shaheen Afridi.
- Hardik Pandya is expected to return and has been described as “fit and ready to bowl” recently. He has been spotted working in the nets and could feature in this match as well as across the 2 series.
- In the last ODI series, India beat England 2-1 on Engish soil. This was an excellent performance from the squad. They won the last match by 7 runs with just 10 balls to spare.
Sri Lanka vs India Match Prediction
After watching Sri Lanka play against England it is clear that there was a gulf in class between the two sides. Sri Lanka offered very little that would give them hope against an Indian team that dominate with the white ball. After looking over the squads it is hard to see how the Sri Lankans will get any joy out of India.
Match Prediction – India to win by over 50 runs or with over 8 overs left.
Sri Lanka vs India Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
Sri Lanka Last Match vs Bangladesh
|Dhananjaya de Silva|
This was the last match Sri Lanka won, against the lowly Bangladesh. Bangladesh still won this odi series 2-1!
India Last Match vs England
India won this match by 7 runs to take the 3 match ODI series 2-1/
Here are some other previews you may like
- Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Stats and Trends Birmingham Phoenix Trends Played: 2 Won: 1 Lost: 1 NRR: -1.5830 Last 5 results: L, W Birmingham Phoenix has now played 4 […]
- West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I West Indies vs Pakistan Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies can tie the series with a win. The current score is 1-0 after 2 matches have been washed […]
- London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball Result Northern Superchargers won by 63 runs London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Stats and Trends London Spirit Trends Played: 3 Won: 0 Lost: 2 NRR: -0.4540 Last 5 results: L, […]