- Match: Sri Lanka vs India
- Date: July 18, 2021
- Start Time: 9:30am
- Stadium: R.Premadasa Stadium
- Tournament: ICC Cricket World Cup Super League – 2020/2023 – 1st ODI
- Format: ODI
India won by 7 wickets (with 80 balls remaining)
Sri Lanka Stats
- Sri Lanka is currently 9th in the ODI world rankings.
- Sri Lanka comes into this match in poor form after getting stuffed by England! They lost the T20 series 3-0 and the ODI series 2-0 with the final match being called off due to the English summertime weather!
- We cannot see where Sri Lanka goes to in their squad to make any major improvements for India’s tour. They play 3 ODI’s followed by 3 T20’s and another whitewash could be on the cards if they don’t improve on their recent performances.
- Mushfiqur Rahim is the top-rated batter from Sri Lanka at 14th in the world.
India ODI Stats
- India is currently 4th in the world ODI rankings.
- Virat Kohli is ranked 2nd in the world ODI rankings for batters. He is just 16 points behind Babar Azam
- Jasprit Bumrah is the top-rated bowler from India at 6th in the world. Kumar is now 11th after moving above Shaheen Afridi.
- Hardik Pandya is expected to return and has been described as “fit and ready to bowl” recently. He has been spotted working in the nets and could feature in this match as well as across the 2 series.
- In the last ODI series, India beat England 2-1 on Engish soil. This was an excellent performance from the squad. They won the last match by 7 runs with just 10 balls to spare.
Sri Lanka vs India Match Prediction
After watching Sri Lanka play against England it is clear that there was a gulf in class between the two sides. Sri Lanka offered very little that would give them hope against an Indian team that dominate with the white ball. After looking over the squads it is hard to see how the Sri Lankans will get any joy out of India.
Match Prediction – India to win by over 50 runs or with over 8 overs left.
Sri Lanka vs India Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
Sri Lanka Last Match vs Bangladesh
|Dhananjaya de Silva|
This was the last match Sri Lanka won, against the lowly Bangladesh. Bangladesh still won this odi series 2-1!
India Last Match vs England
India won this match by 7 runs to take the 3 match ODI series 2-1/
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: India vs Pakistan Date: October 24, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – 16th Match Format: T20I India vs Pakistan Stats and Trends India Trends India looks ready to go for the T20 World Cup after 2 very good wins in the warm-up […]
- Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 15, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – Final Format: T20 Result Chennai Super Kings won by 27 runs Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Stats and Trends Chennai Super Kings Trends Played: 14 Won: […]
- Match: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 13, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – Qualifier 2 Format: T20 Result Kolkata Knight Riders won by 3 wickets (with 1 ball remaining) Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Stats and Trends Delhi Capitals Trends Played: 14 […]