- Match: Southern Brave vs Welsh Fire
- Date: August 11, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: The Rose Bowl
- Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 25th Match
- Format: 100-Ball
Southern Brave won by 8 wickets (with 13 balls remaining)
Southern Brave vs Welsh Fire Stats and Trends
Southern Brave Trends
- Played: 4
- Won: 2
- Lost: 2
- NRR: -0.5820
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, L
- Southern Brave are 4th in the table after 6 matches.
- They have 3 wins and 1 no result so far and a net run rate of 0.686, the 2nd highest in the league.
- Southern Braves highest wicket partnership is 55, way below the high of 124 not out, which came against them.
Southern Brave Top Batters
Top 5 batters
- de Kock – 123 runs
- A Davies – 114 runs
- J Vince – 114 rubs
- D Conway – 97 runs
- R Whiteley – 82 runs
The batting line-up has performed well across the Hundred.
Southern Brave Top Bowlers
Top 3 bowlers
- J Lintott – 5 wickets
- C Jordan – 5 wickets
- 3 others – 4 wickets
We expect a little more from Chris Jordan than 5 wickets in 6 matches. His economy rate of 9.65 is also higher than we expected.
Southern Brave Last Match vs Northern Superchargers
Southern Brave won by 5 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
|Quinton de Kock|
This was a really good win for Southern Brave and they showed their qualities and steel to get the win. The Superchargers batted first and they were limited to 128/6 with all but Paul Sterling taking a wicket. Danny Briggs 2/28 was an excellent spell including Whilley’s wicket just as he appeared to be getting in.
Quinton de Kock was the star for the Brave with 72 not out from 45 balls. Fellow opener Paul Sterling’s 20 from 12 balls set the win up nicely.
Welsh Fire Trends
- Played: 4
- Won: 2
- Lost: 2
- NRR: -0.0350
- Last 5 results: L, L, W, W
- Welsh Fire sits 2nd bottom in the league with 2 wins from 6 now.
- They have the 2nd worse net run rate in the Hundred.
- Suprisingly they have the 2nd highest runs scored so far, at the time of writing. They have been scoring some runs but they are unable to defend them!
Welsh Fire Top Batters
Top 3 batters
- B Ducket – 219 runs
- J Bairstow – 128 runs
- G Philips – 104 runs
- J du Plooy – 91 runs
- I Cockbain – 61 runs
Ducket is the top batsman for the tournament and has been immense so far. Bairstow has only played 2 matches but showed his class averaging 64 runs.
Welsh Fire Top Bowlers
Top 3 bowlers
- J Neesham – 7 wickets
- Q Ahmed – 7 wickets
- D Payne – 6 wickets
These are good figures for wickets taken but apart from Ahmed, the economy rates are far too high.
Welsh Fire Last Match vs Birmingham Phoenix
Birmingham Phoenix won by 93 runs
After winning the first 2 matches Welsh Fire have not won in 4. This match was an absolute smashing by Birmingham Pheonix.
Pheonix batted first that smashed 184/6 – one of the highest scores we have seen so far. Welsh Fire stumbled to 91 all out in just 74 balls.
Southern Brave vs Welsh Fire Match Prediction
Welsh Fire has been so bad recently that you cannot predict them to win currently. Southern Brave has been hit and miss but is in the better form overall.
Predicted result: Southern Brave to win
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more