Match: Marsh Cup, One Day tournament
Date: 11th March 2021
Time: 7 PM India
Ranking: 6th of 6
- Played 2
- Lost 2
- Net Run Rate – 1.678
Ranking: 4th of 6
- Played 1
- Lost 1
- Net Run Rate – 0.253
Trends & Recent Form
South Australia form
- They have started this year poorly with 2 defeats in a row. They finished 3rd in the tale last season with 4 wins and 3 defeats from their 7 group matches.
- In the first match, they were unlucky not got get a win and almost chased down 370. They fell 13 runs short.
- In that match, Travis Head finished on 142 not out and Harry Neilson also got a century as they put in 244 for the second wicket. They lacked any support further down the order and eventually finished on 356 all out.
- In the second match, they did not bat anywhere near as well and ended up 205 all out from 46.3 overs. Alex Carey top-scored with 99 runs from 114 balls but again the lower and middle order offered little support.
- Tasmania opened with a loss to Queensland. They batted first and were bowled out for 237. Queensland chased down the score in 47.4 overs despite losing 8 wickets.
- Jordan Silk was the top run-scorer for the team with 77 from 88 balls, including 7 fours and 0 sixes.
- Jake Doran, Mitchell Owen and Tom Andrews were all our for just 1 run.
- Nathan Elis bowled well finishing with figures of 3/39 from his 10 overs. This included 2 maidens but still wasn’t quite enough to get the win.
Head to head stats
2019 Marsh Cup results
- 29th September 19 – TAS win by 6 wickets with 29 balls remaining.
- SA 228/9 (50)
- TAS 229/5 (26.2)
Match Prediction & Tips
Although they have only played 2 matches so far there is a clear trend showing with South Australia – get the top order out and the bottom will collapse! They have been in good positions in both matches only for the players in positions 5-10 to fail to make an impact on the game. Whilst they are not dedicated batsman at least one or two of them should be capable of a 20-30 knock and that’s all they’d really need to have a couple of wins on the board.
Match Result: Tasmania to win.
We do see the opportunity here for South Australia but expect the bowling of Tasmania to bee too strong for them. If Tasmania can take some early wickets then they will be in a strong position to keep the score down.
We would predict South Australia to get in the region of 240-280 if they batted first and Tasmania to get in the 270-300 range.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Pakistan vs Australia Date: November 11, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 –
Match: England vs New Zealand Date: November 10, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 –
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Prediction – November 4, 2021: Can Sri Lanka and Hasaranga finish with a win?
Match: West Indies vs Sri Lanka Date: November 4, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021