- Match: Scotland vs Zimbabwe
- Date: September 15, 2021
- Start Time: 1:00pm
- Stadium: Grange Cricket Club
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 1st T20I
- Format: T20I
Scotland won by 7 runs
Scotland vs Zimbabwe Stats and Trends
Zimbabwe heads to Scotland for a 3 match T20 series.
This is the first international cricket played in Scotland since 2019.
Scotland head coach, Shane Burger is looking forward to getting some matches in before they head to the T20 World Cup later this year. He said”This is an exciting opportunity for us to play a full member country before we set off to the T20 World Cup. It gives the players a great chance to showcase their skills and allows us as management to find the strongest playing combinations. It will be wonderful to finally have international cricket back being played on home soil in front of our own fans.”
Scotland is ranked 14th in the world for T20 cricket currently. They have played at least 8 matches less than all the teams above them during this scoring period. They are 2 ranking points behind 13th placed Nepal and 5 points from 11th & 12th placed Zimbabwe and Ireland who have 190 points.
Scotland Top Batters
Scoland has a number of batters rated in the top 100 in T20 world cricket –
18th – George Munsey
25th – Richard Berrington (level with Liam Livingstone)
36th – Kyle Coetzer
44th – Calum MacLeod
50th – Matthew Cross
As you can see the Scottish lineup is decent and they will pose some threat to Zimbabwe. Their rankings are impressive when you consider they have played every match away from home for 2 years. On the flip side, they do generally play a lower quality of opposition which gives them the chance to get more points.
Scotland Top Bowlers
The Scottish bowlers are lower ranked than the Batters but they still have a number in the top 100.
12th – Mark Watt
25th – Alasdair Evans
53rd – Safyaan Sharif
81st – Josh Davey
96th – Hamza Tahir
Watt is the standout bowler for Scotland and will be key to this series.
Scotland has not played a T20 match since October 2019
Zimbabwe is ranked 12th in the World for T20 cricket.
Zimbabwe comes into the series on the back of a 5 match T20 series against Ireland.
Zimbabwe played well in patches but lost the series 3-2.
The two Zimbabwe wins were both very close and low-scoring matches. They won by 3 runs when defending a total of 117. They also won by 5 runs when defending a total of 124.
When Ireland batted first they struggled to keep the score down with Ireland getting 174/4 and 178/2. They lost these matches by 40 runs and 64 runs. It will be worth backing Ireland if they go into bat first and start building a score.
Zimbabwe Top Batters
Raza has done well this season.
Zimbabwe Top Bowlers
Blessing Muzarabani will be the key bowler for this series in our opinion. He can take the key wickets if he is on form and should perform at a better rate than his current 8.50 economy.
Zimbabwe Last Match vs Ireland
Zimbabwe won by 5 runs
The series was all over when Zimbabwe got this win against Ireland. This was the last T20 match they played.
Scotland vs Zimbabwe Match Prediction
This is an interesting series with Scotland playing at home for the first time in 2 years. They have played some matches but nowhere near as many as Zimbabwe. There could be some rustiness about their play although we do feel they have the better players. Zimbabwe has played a good amount of matches and heads to Scotland after T20 and ODI series in Ireland. They should be match fitter and this could be crucial in this first match.
Match prediction: Zimamabwe to win in a low scoring game
Series Prediction: Scotland to win 2-1
Score if batting first:
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent won by 21 runs Sussex vs Kent Stats and Trends Sussex Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.4790 Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L The semi-finals […]
- Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset won by 2 wickets (with 2 balls remaining) Hampshire vs Somerset Stats and Trends Hampshire Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 5 NRR: 0.3880 Last 5 results: W, W, W, […]
- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 32nd Match Format: T20 Result Rajasthan Royals won by 2 runs Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Stats and Trends Punjab Kings Trends Played: 9 Won: 3 Lost: 6 NRR: -0.3450 […]