Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders
Date: 30th Match 2022
Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai
Trends & Recent Form
Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we preview the match, check the odds and make our match predictions. The Cricketics team is looking forward to this one!
Royal Challengers Bangalore form
Position: 9 of 10
- Played: 1
- Won: 0
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: -0.697
- Top Batsman: Faf Du Plessis – 88 runs
- Top Bowler: Mohammed Siraj – 2 wickets
Latest stats and trends
- RCB was the first team to knock a 200+ score in their first match. It was the bowling that let them down in this match with Siraj going for 59 runs from 4 overs. He did manage 2 wickets but the damage was done off his bowling. All the bowlers were expensive with only Patel going for less than 10 runs per over from the bowlers who completed 4 overs.
- With the bat, Faf played well getting 88 at a 154 strike rate. Kohli’s first knock since stepping down as captain was an excellent 44 from 29. Karthik finished off in style with 32 from 14 balls. A score of over 200 should be defendable on Indian wickets.
- To win this match it will need to be more of the same from the batting lineup and an improvement from the bowlers!
- In the betting, Faf and Kohli are tied at 9/4 for the top batsman and it’s hard to pick between them. At a push, we’d edge to Faf who seemed to relish the captaincy in the first match.
- Kohli also heads the player of the match betting. You can get odds of around 7/1* with various bookmakers on him getting the award.
Royal Challengers Odds
Kolkata Knight Riders form
Position: 3 of 10
- Played: 1
- Won: 1
- Lost: 0
- Net Run Rate: +0.639
- Top Batsman: Ajinkya Rahane – 44 runs
- Top Bowler: Umesh Yadav – 2 wickets
Latest stats and trends
- KKR kicked things off with a great win over last year’s winner CSK. The bowling unit was very impressive with good economy figures all around. Narie’s 0/15 from 4 overs was key to keeping the score low. Whilst he did not take any wickets he showed his ultimate quality with his bowling. Watching the match it felt like the pressure was on CSK all innings.
- The result never looked in doubt as the batter kept the runs going without taking too many risks. They won with 9 balls remaining but it was a very comfortable win.
- The betting sites have a number of players at low odds for the top batter and top bowler. It is a tough one to pick. Narie would get the nod from us for the top bowler and V Iyer for the top batsman.
Knight Riders Odds
Head to head stats
- Kolkata won 2 of the 3 matches. RCB won the first match of the group stages, KKR won the second. KKR also beat them in the Eliminator ending Kohli’s dream of captaining RCB to an IPL title.
Match Prediction & Tips
The betting odds have RCB as the favourites but the Cricketics team does not see the match going that way. KKR were dominant against CSK and look a force to be reconded with in IPL2022. This is the value bet for this match.
Match Prediction: Kolkata Knight Riders to win at 11/10*
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by