- Match: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Date: September 29, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 43rd Match
- Format: T20
Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 7 wickets (With 17 balls remaining)
Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Stats and Trends
Rajasthan Royals Trends
- Played: 11
- Won: 4
- Lost: 7
- NRR: -0.4680
- Last 5 results: L, L, L, W, W
Rajasthan sits 6th in the table and is level on points with 4th placed KKR. They need to get a win here to improve their chances of making the IPL knockout stages.
They come up against an RCB team in indifferent form. They have 2 wins in the last 5 and will pose a formidable opponent if they are on song.
RR has played 3 matches since the IPL returned to the UAE winning their first match but losing the next 2 in a row. When batting first in the UAE they have scored an average of 175 runs.
Where they have struggled is taking key wickets with the ball. They have seen teams put on 54 and 120 for the first wicket. This is not good enough to win matches at this level. The bowlers will need to step up to take key early wickets or RCB will get away from them.
Rajasthan Royals Top Batters
Samson now leads the way on 433 runs and is the tournament’s top scorer. He is 3 runs ahead of Mumbai Indians Shiakar Dhawan at the time of writing.
Rajasthan Royals Top Bowlers
Morris continues to lead from the front and will be key to the Royals chances of winning today.
Rajasthan Royals Last Match vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
Sunrisers Hyderabad won by 7 wickets (With 9 balls remaining)
Sampson put in great innings with 82 off 57 balls to help RR to 154/5. It always looked 15-20 runs below par and that turned out to be the case. The inability to take early wickets cost them again with SRH making 57 before the fall of the first wicket. England’s Jason Roy was on song again with 6 from 42. By the time his wicket fell at 144/2 at the end of the 11th over it was clear there would be only one winner.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Trends
- Played: 11
- Won: 7
- Lost: 4
- NRR: -0.2000
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, L, L
RCB is 4th in the table and they have a 4 point lead over 4th placed KKR. They have a net run rate which shows how up and down their performances have been. When they lose, they lose badly!
Since the IPL UAE started they have lost 2 matches to KKR and CSK ad beat MI well in their last match.
Their opening game after the restart was a real shock. They were all out for 92 in 19 overs and it took KKR just 10 overs and 1 wicket to get the win. This was one of the worst RCB performances in recent history. Kohli has already announced that he will stand down as RCB captain after this IPL but it may be better to step down now!
Royal Challengers Bangalore Top Batters
|AB de Villiers|
Kohli is now on 307, followed by Maxwell on 300 and Padikkal on 287. When they are on form the RCB batting lineup is a match for any team. They just seem to struggle with being on form regularly!
Royal Challengers Bangalore Top Bowlers
Harshal Patel is leading the way with 23 wickets and is 8 clear of 2nd placed Avesh Khan.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Last Match vs Mumbai Indians
Royal Challengers Bangalore won by 54 runs
This was a much-needed win for RCB after 2 defeats. They played well with Maxwell taking the man of the match award for his 56 off 37 and 2/23 from 4 overs. He also took the catch for de Kocks wicket. Harshal Pate;’s 4/17 from 3.1 showed the devasting form he is in currently.
Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Match Prediction
This is such a tough game to call with the team split on who will win. If RCB plays as they did against Mumbai then they will win. If they play as they did against KKR then they will lose! The team overall backed Rajasthan to win with Jason Roy the pick for player of the match.
This should be a great game to watch with firepower on both sites. Roy and Sampson v Kohli and Maxwell could see fireworks!
Match prediction: Rajasthan Royals to win in a high-scoring match.
Predicted scores if batting first
Rajasthan Royals: 180-195/6
Royal Challengers 170-185/7
Here are some other previews you may like
- Betway 4 to score – CricketBetway has a great game to play for cricket fans – 4 to score. This is a free game to play and is available on selected cricket matches, usually including India games and the IPL. You can win up to ₹1,00,000, although recently there has not been many winners. All you need is a Betway […]
- Top 10 IPL earnings in real time. You won’t believe your eyes!The Indian Premier League is packed full of the worlds very best cricketers. Sports stars at the top of their game or profession mean they can command the biggest pay checks and IPL cricketers are no exception. We’ve found the top 10 IPL earners. The sums involved are quite staggering when real time earnings can […]
- There have been some magnificent cricketers throughout the years. Some incredibly fast-paced bowlers such as Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar as well as some phenomenal spin bowlers, none better than Shane Warne. Elite sportsmen and women will always look for the edge. The extra 1% that turns the competition in their favour. None more so […]