Match: Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars
Date: 15th June 2021
Competition: Pakistan Super League
Trends & Recent Form
The Quetta Gladitors need to step up and remember they are called gladiators! They have been poor so far and it is hard to see anyhting other than anoterh loss for them here. LAhore sit in 2nd place and despite the loss last time out are in very good form.
Here we will look at the recent results, as well as the latest stats and trends for this match. Then we will make our match precitions.
Quetta Gladiators form
Position: 6th of 6
- Played: 7
- Won: 1
- Lost: 6
- Net Run Rate: -1.865
Latest stats and trends
- Quetta has lost both of their matches since the restart and these have been big defeats.
- They lost by 10 wickets to Islamabad United and then by 61 runs to Peshawar Zalmi in their last match.
- In the last match, their bowling was again poor allowing PZ to set a total of 197/5 from their 20 overs. In reply, GQ was going along nicely, probably a little behind where they needed to be at 61/0 in the 7th over. Then Khan’s wicket fell and a mini-collapse all but ended the match. They put on 23 runs for the next 6 wickets leaving them struggling on 85/6. There were 5 ducks in the batting with two of them golden ducks.
- Looking at their form with bat and ball it is difficult to see where QG goes for this match. There isn’t a wealth of quality in the team. This match looks like it will be another struggle for them.
Lahore Qalanders form
Position: 2nd of 6
- Played: 7
- Won: 5
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: -0.078
Latest stats and trends
- Lahore Qalanders are 1 of only 2 teams that sit on a negative net run rate. Despite sitting 2nd in the table they are just below the level. They face the only other team with a negative rate today.
- Since the restart, LQ has played 3 matches winning 2 and losing last time out to now top of the table Islamabad United.
- IU batted first and LQ did well limiting them to just 152/7. James Faulkner was the pick of the bowlers with 3/9 from his 5 overs. Strangely Rashid Khan was off his best form and went for 36/0 from his 4.
- With the bat, things were going well at the start with 55 coming at the fall of the first wicket in just under 6 overs. LQ looked to us like they would coast to victory before they collapsed. the next 7 batsmen in all managed to get ourt for less than 8. Harris Rauf batting at no 11 managed 17 from 11 balls to make the score more respectable but his wicket fell to finish at 124 all out. A very poor perfromace excluding the openers.
- In the previous game thay beat PZ by 10 runs after limiting the run chase. Befor that they beat IU on the last ball chasing 144.
Head to head stats
- 22 Feb 21 – In Pakistan
- QG 178/7 (20)
- LQ 179/1 (18.2)
When we watched this match it looked like Quetta had put on a reasonable score to defend with 178 on the board. In most T20 matches we would consider that a par score at PSL level.
Unfortunately for QG, their bowling let them down and they got picked off in 18.2 overs. Fakhar Zaman top-scored with 82 runs from 52 balls. Mohammad Hafeez also played well with a very quick fire 73 from 33, a strike rate of 222.21.
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Lahore Qalandars to win
LH has been an interesting team to watch. With 5 wins from 7, they seem like they are playing well but actually, they are making a habit of scaping wins. Their NRR shows this with a negative number despite winning 5.
If it was any other team from the top 4 against Lahore here we would probably tip them to lose the match. Unfortunately, Quetta Gladiators have been so poor it is almost impossible to select them to win anything here.
Predicted scores (If betting first)
Lahore Qalandars 170-180/6
Quetta Gladiators 120-140/8
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by