Match: Marsh One Day Cup
Time: 5.30 PM India
Stadium: The Gabba, Australia
- Played 1
- Won 1
- Net run rate +0.253
- Played 1
- Won 1
- Net run rate +0.260
Trends & Recent Form
- Queensland topped the table in the last Marsh Cup which finished in 2019. They won 5 of their 7 matches that season.
- They have already started this season with a win over Tasmania by 4 wickets. They had 14 balls to spare and won comfortably after bowling Tasmania out for 237 in 49.5 overs.
- Billy Stanlake was on fire with the ball taking 4 wickets for just 24 runs, including one maiden over. What stood out is that he took the wickets of the top 4 in the order, who were all caught out.
- Matthew Kuhnemann also impressed with figures of 3/47 from 10 and Xavier Bartlett finished with 2/35 from 8.5 after taking the last wicket of the innings.
- With the bat, Aussie superstar Usman Khawaja top-scored with 93 from 106 runs. He was as composed as ever when opening and knew to get the win he just needed to keep the runs ticket over in the match.
Western Australia form
- Last season WA finished second in the league, to Queensland, winning 5of 7. They were second-placed by virtue of their lower net run rate.
- Western Australia started this year’s March Cup with a morale-boosting win over South Australia. They batted first and scored an excellent 369/5 from 50 overs.
- Cameron Green top-scored with 114 runs from 101 balls, a strike rate of 142.57. He picked up the man of the match award and also have figures of 0/62 from 8 overs with the ball.
- Captain Shaun Marsh also get a century in the match, 113 from 110 balls. They put on a stand of 146 runs for the third wicket.
- When bowling, Liam Guthrie, Aaron Hardie and Joel Paris all took two wickets. Guthrie was the top bowler for betting purposes with the best economy figures of 5.50.
- South Australia looked like they could get the win when they put on 226 for the second wicket. It was the bowling against the lower order that got the win for WA, 6 of the last 8 batsmen all failed to get to 10 runs.
Head to head stats
2019 March Cup
- Final 30 Oct 19 QLD won by 26 runs
- QLD 268 (50)
- WA 242 (48.1)
- Group match 27 Sept 18 WA won by 116 runs
- WA 387 (47)
- QLD 271 (42.3)
Match Prediction & Tips
This looks set to be an epic battle between two very good teams and looking at the stats could be a high scoring game. It will be worth looking at what the overs line is set at in order to see if there is some value in the batting on offer.
Match Result: Western Australia to win 13/10*.
Whilst they are away from home we think there’s good value on offer on Western Australia here at 13/10* odds. They played very well in their first match and have players o good form with the bat. The odds of 8/13* on Queensland are far too short to back between these two teams.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by