- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals
- Date: September 21, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 32nd Match
- Format: T20
Rajasthan Royals won by 2 runs
Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Stats and Trends
Punjab Kings Trends
- Played: 9
- Won: 3
- Lost: 6
- NRR: -0.3450
- Last 5 results: L, L, W, L, W
Punjab Kings are currently 6th in the IPL table. They have played 1 game more than all the other teams, a loss to Dehli Capitals.
They have not managed to get any run of form going with the wins coming on occasions rather than in any runs.
Adil Rashid joins the team after an excellent run in the Hundred where he was the joint highest wicket-taker. He comes in for Jythe Richarson and will be a good addition to the Punjab Kings.
Nathan Ellis has come in for Riley Meredith but will be more of a squad player and isn’t expected to be in the first 11.
England’s Dawid Malan choose not to return for the Kings and has been replaced by South African Aiden Markram. He has been playing well at the international T20 level and will be one to watch this tournament. he has big boots to fill replacing the world’s no1 T20 batsman.
Punjab Kings Top Batters
LK Rahul and Agarwal have been the only 2 performers with any credit in the batting lineup. They will need more support from others if they are to push on and get a playoff place.
Punjab Kings Top Bowlers
All the bowlers return for the second leg of the IPL.
Punjab Kings Last Match vs Rajasthan Royals
Punjab King’s last match was a defeat to the top of the table Dehli Capitals by 7 wickets.
Rajasthan Royals Trends
- Played: 8
- Won: 4
- Lost: 4
- NRR: -0.1540
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, W, L
The Royals are going well at 5th in the table and will be looking to push on for a playoffs place.
They will be without superstar Ben Stokes who has taken a break from cricket. Str bowler Jofra Archer will also not return to the Royals which will be a big blow to them.
New Zealander Glenn Philips comes in for Archer. He is a player who has bone well with the bat and will add to the team’s top order.
The incoming Tabriaz Shamsi for Tye is the one that really caught our attention. He is the number 1 T20 bowler in the world and will relish the UAE wickets. This could be a masterstroke for the Royals.
England Jos Buttler is also not returning for the Royals and has been replaced by Evin Lewis. These are two players with a very similar attacking style and we consider this a like-for-like replacement.
Ben Stokes has been replaced by Oshane Thomas. He’s not been doing well in the CPL and is a player currently outside of the Royal starting 11.
Rajasthan Royals Top Batters
Sanju Sampson will need to be t is best to lead the Royals without Stokes and Buttler.
Rajasthan Royals Top Bowlers
Chris Morris returns to lead the attack.
Rajasthan Royals Last Match vs Punjab Kings
The Royal’s last match was a defeat to the Mumbai Indians by 7 wickets.
Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Match Prediction
This is a close match to call with both teams struggling to get going in the first half of the IPL. Both teams have been affected by changes in personnel and this will play a part in this match. We think the Royals have done a better job with the replacement by securing the best T20 spinner in the world.
Match prediction: Royals to win in a low-run scoring match.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more