Match: Quetta Gladiators v Karachi Kings
Date: 19th June 2021
Tournament: Pakistan Super League
Trends & Recent Form
It’s the final group game for both teams and it is all but certain neither will make the playoffs. With nothing to really play for will the gloves come off and we see some explosive cricket? Based on the recent form that is highly unlikely!
Here we will look over both teams PSL so far and predict the match-winner and teams scores.
Quetta Gladiators form
Position: 6th of 6
- Played: 9
- Won: 2
- Lost: 7
- Net Run Rate: -1.913
- Top Batsman: S Ahmed 185 runs
- Top Bowler: Zahid Mahmood 6 wickets
Latest stats and trends
- Quetta Gladiators have been very poor throughout both halves of the PSL in 2021.
- They have 1 win in 4 in the second half of the PSL, this was a surprise win against the Lahore Qalandars on the 15th of June. In this match, their bowling was excellent getting LQ all out for 140 when chasing just 159 to win. We all expected LQ to chase that down with ease!
- In the previous match, they got absolutely ripped to pieces by Multan Sultans. The Sultans batted first and put on 183/5 from their 20 overs. Khurram Shazad was the best bowler with figures of 2/26 from 4.
- With the bat, it was another disastrous collapse. The openers were going along nicely at 26/0 after 3 overs, the Wethaeralds wicket fell. After this was mostly a disaster with 6 players losing their wickets for less than 8 runs. They were eventually all out for just 73 runs losing by 110 runs.
Karachi Kings form
Position: 5th of 6
- Played: 9
- Won: 4
- Lost: 5
- Net Run Rate: -0.212
- Top Batsman: Babar Azam 343 runs
- Top Bowler: Arshad Iqbal 6 wickets
Latest stats and trends
- Karachi Kings have struggled since the restart of the PSL winning just 1 of their 4 matches after a good start on Pakistan soil. The loss of key international players has not helped them and they seem the team most impacted by the changes.
- They did finally get a win last time out beating the Lahore Qalanders by 7 runs. This was a great game to watch and looked like it would go right down to the wire.
- Karachi batted first and was going steadily. When Azam fell at 132/6 from 15.5 we were thinking that they could end up posting a below-par score. Imad Wasim and Danish Aziz put on a quickfire 42 to get them to 176/5.
- Lahore looked behind all the way and kept dropping wickets regularly. Then Tim David and James Faulkner took the match to Karachi. David hit 24 from 14 and Faulkner 33 from 18. When Davids wicket fell at 150/6 it looked like they wouldn’t make it over the line. If he’d stayed in another over or two they may have! Noor Ahamd was the pick of the bowlers with 2/19 from 4, Abbas Afridi had a day to forget with 1/29 from 2 overs!
Head to head stats
2021 PSL results
- 20th Feb 21 – Kings won by 7 wickets (37 balls remaining)
- Quetta Gladiators 121 (18.2)
- Karachi Kings 126/3 (13.5)
This was a big win for Karachi and set the tone for the Quetta performances (it was the opening match of the PSL). Quetta only had 3 players in double figures as all the Karachi bowlers took a wicket – even the part-timers. Ashad Iqbal was the pick of the bowlers with 3/16 from 4 including 1 wicket maiden over.
In reply Quetta took an early wicket, 4/1 on 0.4 overs) but then Azam and Clarke got in and the game never looked in doubt. Muhammad Hasnain was the pick of the bowlers with an excellent 18/2 from 4 but he was fighting the battle on his won. Qais Ahmed took the brunt of the hitting going for 43 from 3 overs!
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Karachi Kings to win.
We have to go with Karachi here looking at the form. Quetta has been so poor it’s impossible to see them getting a win here.
Babar Azam is the top batsman in the PSL and with some better bowling they should be heading to the knockout phase with his batting, but they’re not. He’s 17 runs ahead of Multan Sultans Mohammad Rizwan and will be keen to get a score here to get some distance between them at the top.
It is a header one to call as with nothing to play for there is a strong chance some of the players just won’t turn up!
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball