Match: Islamabad United v Quetta Gladiators
Date: 11th June 2021
Competition: Pakistan Super League
Trends & Recent Form
With just 1 win so far could this be a good chance for Islamabad United to make a push for the knock-out stages of the PSL?
We’ll look over the stats and key trends for this match as bottom team Quetta Gladiators takes on 4th place Islamabad United.
Position: 4th of 6th
- Played: 5
- Won: 2
- Lost: 3
- Net Run Rate: +0.145
Latest stats and trends
- Islamabad comes into this match on the back of a loss to Lahore Qalanders on Wednesday’s PSL match.
- Faheem Ashraf top-scored with 27 from 24 but 144 as a target never felt quite enough on the UAE pitch.
- LH Sohail Akhtar top-scored with 40 from 30 balls. Rashid Khans quickfire 15 off 5 balls helped move them from 122/5 on 18.4 overs to win with the last ball
- Hussain Talat had the ball in the last over with 16 to defend. He conceded 3 fours with the first 3 balls of the over from Rashid Khan to set up the loss. The second was a slower ball outside off that Khan smoked for 4. He’ll need to do better than that this match if he’s in the same position.
Quetta Gladiators form
Position: 6th of 6
- Played: 5
- Won: 1
- Lost: 4
- Net Run Rate: -0.936
Latest stats and trends
- Quetta Gladiators have been really poor so far and have been losing matches with big margins.
- This is their first match back since the enforced break and they will be hoping for a change in form with the changing of the squads.
- Aussie batsman Jake Weatheraled will be key to the team and has said he will open or play down the order – “Opening the batting is something I am comfortable doing, so if I get an opportunity to bat there, it will be great. I am also happy to bat in the middle order if Quetta wants to bat someone else up the order,” (via Cricket Pakistan). He was the 6th best batsman in the last Big Bash and should relish playing on the UAE pitches.
- In their last match before the international break, they got their first win with a 22 run victory over the Multan Sultans. Usman Khan top-scored with 81 from 50 balls, a knock that included 10 4s and 3 6s.
Head to head stats
- 2 March 2021 (PSL)
- Quetta Gladiators 156/7 (20)
- Islamabad United 157/4 (17)
- IU win by 6 wickets with 18 balls remaining
This was a comprehensive win for Islamabad. The bowling of Faheem Ashraf was incredible with figures of 3/11 from 4. They limited Quetta to 156/7 which on the Pakistan wicket never looked enough.
Islamabad chased the runs down in style with Hales and Stirling putting on 76 for the first wicket from just 5.5 overs. After that, the result never looked in doubt and IU won the match with 3 overs remaining. Sterling finished as the top batsman with 56 from 33 balls.
Match Prediction & Tips
With this being the first game back we are taking a more cautious approach as we prefer to see more of the wicket to make bolder predictions.
Match Prediction: Quetta Gladiators to win at 6/5*
With the changes in personnel, the odds on the Gladiators look good value to us. IU lost their first match back in the UAE and whilst QG has been struggling the break and change of pitches should work to their advantage.
QG has a good squad and does not seem to have been as impacted as others. They still have international quality in Faf and Weatherald.
Predicted scores (if batting first)
Islamabad United 150-160/7
Quetta Gladiators 170-180/5
We have some extra picks for this match that have caught our eye.
- Pick 1: Weatherald top QG batsman 7/2*
Weatherald has been talking up his game before this one and comes into it in excellent form. We are expecting him to bat at 3rd or 4th in this match. The biggest danger to this is du Plessis who is available to back as the top team batsman at 11/4*.
- Pick 2: Usman Khawaja over 2.5 fours 4/5*
At T20 level Khawaja is a constant batsman and has a great record of hitting boundaries. He’s not a big slogger for sixes. Playing his usual style should see this come in.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars PSL Preview and Prediction: Can Quetta finally play like Gladiators?
Match: Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars Date: 15th June 2021 Competition: Pakistan Super League Location: UAE Trends & Recent Form The Quetta Gladitors need to
Match: Islamabad United v Lahore Qalandars Date: 13th June 2021 Competiton: Pakistan Super League Format: T20 Trends & Recent Form The top 2 face off
Essex Eagles v Hampshire Hawks T20 Blast Preview: Hawks will be looking to bounce back after opening match defeat
Match: Essex Eagles v Hampshire Hawks Date: 11-6-21 Competition: T20 Vitality Blast, England. Stadium: County Ground, Chelmsford Trends & Recent Form Both teams have got