Match: PSL match 3
Date: 21st February 2021
Time: 7.30 PM India
Stadium: National Stadium, Karachi
2020 table : 6th (Of 6)
2020 table : 1st (Of 6)
Trends & Recent Form
- The weather is set to be 32 degrees and full sunshine.
Islamabad United form
- IU are the outsiders to win the PSL at odds of 11/2*. No other team is longer currently/
- IU did well at the auction adding at least 1 player in each category. Hasan Ali in the platinum category looks like a wise purchase.
- They also added Lewis Gregory, Phil Salt, Rohail Nazir & Chris Jordan among others.
- Colin Munro comes to this year’s tournament off the back of an excellent Big Bash. He’s the 5th highest rated T20 batsman in the world and has been excellent for New Zealand at international level too.
- Lewis Gregory is a handy all-rounder who’s just played in his first Big Bash. He struggled a little for wickets taking just 7 in 11 innings with an economy rate of 10.19.
Multan Sultans form
- The Sultans topped the table last year but eventually lost in the final to the Lahore Qalanders.
- The auction purchase of big-hitting Aussie Chris Lynn was a great addition to the team.
- Lynn was the 5th highest scorer in the PSL last year getting 284, he played at least 3 fewer games than the 4 players above him. He hit 16 6’s and 32 4’s.
- 6th in the top scorers was Shan Masood with 283 runs, although that was from 11 matches.
- Last year Sohail Tanvir took the most wickets, 14, for the Sultans. He was 3rd in the overall wickets list.
Head to head stats
- 22/2/20 IU win by 8 wickets
- MS 164/8 (20)
- UI 165/2 (16.4)
- 8/3/20 MS win by 9 wickets
- IU 91/7 (9)
- MS 94/1 (6/4)
- Rain reduced to 9 overs
Match Prediction & Tips
These two teams are tightly matched in the bookmaker’s eyes, with both at odds of 10/11*. This makes for an interesting match and good value odds in our opinion.
Match Result: Multan Sultans to win at 10/11.
We cannot ignore last years group winners and eventual finalists at these odds. They played really well in 2020 and have bought well at the auction. Chris Lynn makes any T20 team better and is always capable of n explosive innings to help build a big score.
The additional value bets we have found in the betting markets –
- Tip 1: Munro top IU batsman 11/4*
Alex Hayles leads the market for this one but for us, Munro is the best value on offer. He’s the 5th best T20 batsman in the world and will be eager to impress his new team. He has been in great form internationally and will come to the PSL full of confidence.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Lahore Qalanders v Multan Sultans Tournament: Pakistan Super League Date: 26th February 2021 Ranking: 1st Record: Played 2 Won 2 Net Run Rate +0.792