Match: Islamabad United v Lahore Qalandars
Date: 13th June 2021
Competiton: Pakistan Super League
Trends & Recent Form
The top 2 face off in this match and if LQ gets the win then it will seal them a 4 point lead in the table and the best NRR in as well. They will be in a formidable position going into the remaining games. A win for IU would leave them level on points and they could end the day with PZ level too.
Islamabad United form
Position: 2nd of 8
- Played: 6
- Won: 4
- Lost: 2
- Net Run Rate: +0.896
Latest stats and trends
- IU comes into the match on the back of one of the most comprehensive wins you will see in T20 cricket. They beat QG by 10 wickets with 60 (yes SIXTY) balls remaining.
- Munro and Khawaja both finished not out with Munro the top scorer on 90 from just 36 balls, a strike rate of 250. A couple more sixes and he could have made the fastest T20 centuries top 5.
- With the ball, the IU attack performed well getting QG out for 133 with a wicket falling on the last ball. Every bowler took a wicket, Ali, Wasim and Khan all took 2. Wasim was the top bowler conceding just 12 runs from his 4 overs.
- Munros 50 came off 20 balls equaling the second-fastest half-century in PSL history and it was just 1 ball away from matching the record of 19 balls by Luke Ronchi, also for IU.
- If they perform like this again we would expect them to get another win – they were very impressive all around. LH will pose a much bigger threat to them though.
Lahore Qalandars form
Position: 1st of 6
- Played: 6
- Won: 5
- Lost: 1
- Net Run Rate: +0.150
Latest stats and trends
- Lahore has won their last 3 in a row, 2 of which have been since the PSL restarted in June. Their form has been good but their match has all been close. Their net run rate is only just over 0, despite topping the league.
- In their last match, they beat Peshawar Zalmi by 10 runs after setting them 171 to win, which looked a little low. The LQ bowlers did a great job taking 8 wickets to keep the PZ score down.
- Rashid Khan again showed why he’s the best T20 bowler in the world taking 5/20 from his 4 overs. Incredible figures yet again. His signing could be the difference for LQ in the remainder of the tournament. Haris Rauf took 1 wicket and James Faulkner chipped in with 2 wickets.
- With the bat, Ben Dunk (48 from 33) and Tim David (64 from 36) help LQ rally from 25/4 to 106/5, with that partnership being key to avoiding a low total.
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Lahore Qalandars to win
This looks like a good game but we cannot go against an in from Rashid Khan for LQ. He’s the difference in so many games and the UAE pitches suit spin bowlers.
Since the return of the PSL, he has played 2 matches and got 1/9 (4) in the first match and 5/20 (4) in the second.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles – August 4, 2021 Predictions: Can Livingstone fire Phoenix to glory?
Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Date: August 4, 2021 Start Time: 6:00pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match Format: 100-Ball
West Indies vs Pakistan – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Will Babar Azam lead Pakistan to a series win?
Match: West Indies vs Pakistan Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Providence Stadium Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 4th T20I Format: T20I
London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers – August 3, 2021 Predictions: Why the stats point to a SuperChargers win!
Match: London Spirit vs Northern Superchargers Date: August 3, 2021 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: Lord’s Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 17th Match Format: 100-Ball