- Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers
- Date: January 22, 2022
- Start Time: 8:15am
- Stadium: Docklands Stadium
- Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier
- Format: T20
Perth Scorchers won by 49 runs
Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Stats and Trends
Perth Scorchers Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 11
- Lost: 3
- NRR: 0.9260
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L
The Scorchers have been the form team of the 2022 Big Bash and qualified top of the table. We were surprised as we did not expect them to be the top team in the Big Bash this season. At the start of the tournament, we were predicting them to finish in 3rd or 4th.
They have clocked up 11 wins which are the most in the current format of the game. They managed 40 points in total which is also a record in the current format of the game. This has been a phenomenal year for the Scorchers and they will want to go all the way and win from here.
Colin Munroe has been the top batsman for the Scorchers this year but is only 10th overall. Where the Scorchers have done well is with spreading the runs across the team. They have not relied on any particular player but have put a real team effort into this to get them to the top. Munroe also top-scored for them with an impressive 114 not out.
Andrew Tye is the op blower for the team with 20 wickets in 14 matches and is 3 wickets off the top spot. With some good performance, he could be the top bowler for the tournament. A dominant bowling display in this knockout game will really help that.
Perth Scorchers Last Match vs Brisbane Heat
Perth Scorchers won by 6 wickets (with 8 balls remaining)
Perth Scorchers bowled fist and put on a good display. They took wickets well and other than opener Max Bryants 81 and a quickfire 31 from wicketkeeper Jimmy Pierson they limited all the others to less than 10 runs. With the wicket of Bryant earlier this could have been an absolute thumping for Brisbane Heat.
With the bat, the Scorchers made light of the run chase with 8 balls remaining. Mitchell Marsh’s 59 at an sR of 175 was the highlight of the innings. The win secured the top spot in the table regardless of the other results.
Sydney Sixers Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 9
- Lost: 4
- NRR: 1.0270
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L
The Sixers qualified second by virtue of their net run rate. They had the same points as rivals Sydney Thunder in third. The +1.027 was enough to get them 2nd.
Their 35 points are the most they have got in a season. They would have finished the top most years with that amount of points.
Thye has won 3 of their last 5 matches and look to be in good form heading into the knock out stages.
Josh Phillipe is the top runscorer for the team with 424 runs so far. His average is 35.55 showing he has been a consistent performer for the team rather than an explosive one. His experience will help the team in the knockout stages.
Hayden Kerr has been one of the stars of the BBL this year. His 22 wickets at a 7.15 economy leave him 2nd in the overall table. He is 2nd in the wickets ahead of Scorchers Andrew Tye and world star Rashid Khan.
Sydney Sixers Last Match vs Adelaide Strikers
Adelaide Strikers won by 8 wickets (with 15 balls remaining)
This was the Sixers last defeat. They did win the next match against the Heat comfortably – by 27 runs.
Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Match Prediction
This looks set to be a great match between 2 in form teams. THe Scorhers are really the team to best this year and the Sixers will fancy their chances of getting to another final. The Cricketics team has discussed this match at length and are torn on the match-winner. After some heated debate, we have settled on –
Match prediction: Perth Scorchers to win
Predicted scores if batting first:
Perth Scorchers 190/5
Sydney Sixer 170/8
Player of the match prediction:
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]