- Match: Pakistan vs New Zealand
- Date: September 17, 2021
- Start Time: 9:00am
- Stadium: Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: ICC Cricket World Cup Super League – 2020/2023 – 1st ODI
- Format: ODI
Pakistan vs New Zealand Stats and Trends
New Zealand heads to Pakistan for a 3 match ODI series. This is then followed by a 5 match T20 series that is the perfect build-up to the T20 World Cup later this year. After this Pakistan has a 2 match T20 series v England before taking on India in their opening match of the World Cup on the 24th of October. This series of matches against high-quality opposition will get them sharp ready for the tournament.
In the last series that Pakistan played they beat the West Indies 2-1 in a 5 match T20 series- 2 matches were called off due to the rain.
The last ODI series saw them lost 3-0 in England.
Pakistan Top Batters
Babar Azam is the standout player for Pakistan. He is one of the top 5 batsmen in world cricket in all formats. He is the number 1 in the world for ODI cricket and is currently 29 points clear of second-placed Virat Kohli.
Pakistan Top Bowlers
In one-day rankings, Shaheen Afridi,13th, and Mohammad Amir, 14th, will lead the line for Pakistan. Haris Rauf is an impressive bowler who can pose problems when on form. He’s played 8 ODI matches in his career so far and will be looking to improve on his record. He plays more T20 cricket through his franchise positions but his bowling is well suited to ODI cricket too.
Pakistan Last Match vs South Africa
Pakistan won by 28 runs
|Imam ul Haq|
Pakistans big hitters were on form here with Azam’s 94 and Zaman 101 giving them a comfortable 28 run victory. The Pakistan bowling unit played well taking wickets when it mattered.
New Zealand Trends
New Zealand is the top-ranked team in both one-day cricket and Test cricket. They are a formidable team in any format of the game and have quality players through the 11.
Thier last series was a 3-2 loss to Bangladesh, in Bangladesh, in a 5 match T20 series. They were below the expected levels on that tour and will benefit from having more key players back for the tour of Pakistan.
Thier last ODI series was in March, also against Bangladesh, where they won 3-0 in a 3 match series.
New Zealand Top Batters
Ross Taylor, pictured above, is the top-rated batter for New Zealand. Devon Conway has been having an excellent year.
New Zealand Top Bowlers
Trent Boult is the top-rated ODI bowler in the world. He is a machine at this level! Boult v Azam will be a very interesting watch!
New Zealand Last Match vs Australia
The last ODI match was called off.
Pakistan vs New Zealand Match Prediction
This should be a firecracker of a series with New Zealand heading to Pakistan for the first time in a while. There are so many matchups across the pitch but Azam v Boult is the one we are most looking forward to. Two players at the very top of their game in international cricket – we cannot wait (Even though it’s not India playing!).
Predicted result: New Zeland to win in a high scoring match
Series prediction: New Zealand to win 2-1
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent won by 21 runs Sussex vs Kent Stats and Trends Sussex Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.4790 Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L The semi-finals […]
- Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset won by 2 wickets (with 2 balls remaining) Hampshire vs Somerset Stats and Trends Hampshire Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 5 NRR: 0.3880 Last 5 results: W, W, W, […]
- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 32nd Match Format: T20 Result Rajasthan Royals won by 2 runs Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Stats and Trends Punjab Kings Trends Played: 9 Won: 3 Lost: 6 NRR: -0.3450 […]