- Match: Pakistan vs New Zealand
- Date: September 17, 2021
- Start Time: 9:00am
- Stadium: Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: ICC Cricket World Cup Super League – 2020/2023 – 1st ODI
- Format: ODI
Pakistan vs New Zealand Stats and Trends
New Zealand heads to Pakistan for a 3 match ODI series. This is then followed by a 5 match T20 series that is the perfect build-up to the T20 World Cup later this year. After this Pakistan has a 2 match T20 series v England before taking on India in their opening match of the World Cup on the 24th of October. This series of matches against high-quality opposition will get them sharp ready for the tournament.
In the last series that Pakistan played they beat the West Indies 2-1 in a 5 match T20 series- 2 matches were called off due to the rain.
The last ODI series saw them lost 3-0 in England.
Pakistan Top Batters
Babar Azam is the standout player for Pakistan. He is one of the top 5 batsmen in world cricket in all formats. He is the number 1 in the world for ODI cricket and is currently 29 points clear of second-placed Virat Kohli.
Pakistan Top Bowlers
In one-day rankings, Shaheen Afridi,13th, and Mohammad Amir, 14th, will lead the line for Pakistan. Haris Rauf is an impressive bowler who can pose problems when on form. He’s played 8 ODI matches in his career so far and will be looking to improve on his record. He plays more T20 cricket through his franchise positions but his bowling is well suited to ODI cricket too.
Pakistan Last Match vs South Africa
Pakistan won by 28 runs
|Imam ul Haq|
Pakistans big hitters were on form here with Azam’s 94 and Zaman 101 giving them a comfortable 28 run victory. The Pakistan bowling unit played well taking wickets when it mattered.
New Zealand Trends
New Zealand is the top-ranked team in both one-day cricket and Test cricket. They are a formidable team in any format of the game and have quality players through the 11.
Thier last series was a 3-2 loss to Bangladesh, in Bangladesh, in a 5 match T20 series. They were below the expected levels on that tour and will benefit from having more key players back for the tour of Pakistan.
Thier last ODI series was in March, also against Bangladesh, where they won 3-0 in a 3 match series.
New Zealand Top Batters
Ross Taylor, pictured above, is the top-rated batter for New Zealand. Devon Conway has been having an excellent year.
New Zealand Top Bowlers
Trent Boult is the top-rated ODI bowler in the world. He is a machine at this level! Boult v Azam will be a very interesting watch!
New Zealand Last Match vs Australia
The last ODI match was called off.
Pakistan vs New Zealand Match Prediction
This should be a firecracker of a series with New Zealand heading to Pakistan for the first time in a while. There are so many matchups across the pitch but Azam v Boult is the one we are most looking forward to. Two players at the very top of their game in international cricket – we cannot wait (Even though it’s not India playing!).
Predicted result: New Zeland to win in a high scoring match
Series prediction: New Zealand to win 2-1
Here are some other previews you may like
- Betway 4 to score – CricketBetway has a great game to play for cricket fans – 4 to score. This is a free game to play and is available on selected cricket matches, usually including India games and the IPL. You can win up to ₹1,00,000, although recently there has not been many winners. All you need is a Betway […]
- Top 10 IPL earnings in real time. You won’t believe your eyes!The Indian Premier League is packed full of the worlds very best cricketers. Sports stars at the top of their game or profession mean they can command the biggest pay checks and IPL cricketers are no exception. We’ve found the top 10 IPL earners. The sums involved are quite staggering when real time earnings can […]
- There have been some magnificent cricketers throughout the years. Some incredibly fast-paced bowlers such as Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar as well as some phenomenal spin bowlers, none better than Shane Warne. Elite sportsmen and women will always look for the edge. The extra 1% that turns the competition in their favour. None more so […]