- Match: Pakistan vs Australia
- Date: November 11, 2021
- Start Time: 2:00pm
- Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – Semi Final
- Format: T20I
Australia won by 5 wickets (with 6 balls remaining)
Pakistan vs Australia Stats and Trends
- Played: 5
- Won: 5
- Lost: 0
- NRR: 1.5830
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, W
What a performance from Pakistan in the T20 World Cup. At the start, they were the 6th favourites in the betting but with 5 wins in a row, they are the team to beat. They will be brimming with confidence after knocking out India and beating New Zealand. What has been the most impressive is the way they have been winning.
Babar is the top batsman overall going into the semi-finals. He’s playing very well and is somehow yet to pick up a player of the match award. He’s got Pakistan firing and deserves a lot of credit for how he has brought this unfancied team together as one. England is now the overall favourite and Pakistan are a close second.
Pakistan’s batting coach, Matthew Hayden, has been talking up Afrifis left arm bowing, saying he can tear through any batting attack. He also talked up Fakhar Zaman and his ability to dig in and fight. As an Australian it was no suprise to hear him saying Pakistan needs to watch out for Australia as at World Cup level they can be a tough team to beat. We think ther is a bit of patriotism in that line though, Australia has not got close to the level they need to be to win this match in our opinion.
Pakistan Last Match vs Namibia
Pakistan won by 45 runs
This was another excellent performance by Pakistan but we would expect them to beat Namibia. The top order showed their usual quality with Rizwan and Azam in the runs. This was a good run out for the team even though the result was almost guaranteed before the match.
- Played: 5
- Won: 4
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 1.2160
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, W, W
Australia scraped into the semi-finals after England did them a favour against South Africa. If South Africa had got a better result then it would be them against Pakistan and not Australia.
We have been underwhelmed by the performances of Australia in the World Cup. They were very off from coming into the tournament after losing a T20 series 5-0 in Bangladesh. The team seems to rely on an air of arrogance heading into this match and that could be their undoing. They seem to have a belief that because they are Australia and it’s a semi-final the players will step up. This remains to be seen against this fantastic Pakistan team.
In the build-up to this match Australian captain, Arron Finch said
“About 10 days ago our team was too old and now we are an experienced team, If you look over the last few series, everyone had written us off by now, so you can read into that what you like.”
He did finish saying this match will be a test of where the team is in the world right now.
Australia Last Match vs Sri Lanka
Australia won by 7 wickets (with 18 balls remaining)
This was a good performance against a poor Sri Lankan performance. The bowlers did well, taking wickets, Adam Zampa’s 12 runs conceded from 4 overs was a particular highlight. The Pakistan team will pose a bigger problem to them.
Pakistan vs Australia Match Prediction
This looks like it will be a real battle between a team in red hot form and a team with knockout match experience. Babar Azam’s captaincy will be key in this match to keep Pakistan in check and performing well. His performance with the bat will also be key to building a big score or chasing a score.
Australia is a team trying to build some form after a difficult year with the white ball. We would say that they have been very lucky to bat second in 4 of their 5 matches so far. There is a distinct advantage of this in the UAE. The only match they lost was to England when they batted first.
Predicted result: Pakistan to win
Predicted score – if batting first
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]