Match: 3rd T20
Time: 6.30 am India
Stadium: Gadaffi Stadium
Last Match: Lost by 6 wickets, series tied at 1-1
World Ranking: 5th
Last Match: Won by 6 wickets, series tied at 1-1
Trends & Recent Form
- Captain Babar Azam has struggled to perform in the T20 series with scores of 0 & 5.
- Mohammad Rizwan has top-scored for Pakistan with 104* and 51.
- Shaheen Afridi was the top bowler in the last match with 2/18 from 4. Impressively that included a maiden over – a rarity in T20 cricket.
- Haris Rauf was off his line and length and went for 26 runs from 2 overs.
- Pakistans trend of conceding over 6 wickets in T20 matches continued for another match.
South Africa form
- The early wicket trend continued with the first wicket falling for 10 runs. Unfortunately, for our tips, South Africa lost their first wicket for 4 runs.
- South Africa was efficient in the run chase and after putting on 77 for the third wicket they never looked worried and won with 22 balls remaining.
- Dwain Pretorious’s figures of 5/17 are the best ever by a South African in international T20 cricket.
- Pakistan is, somehow, still the odds on favourites to win this match on all betting sites.
Head to head stats
- 1st match 11/2/21
- Pak win by 3 runs
- Pak 169/6
- SA 166/6
- 2nd match 13-2-21
- SA win by 6 wickets
- Pak 147/7
- SA 145/4
Match Prediction & Tips
So far we’ve backed South Africa to win each T20 as the look the better side. Pakistan has the home soil advantage which is leading to the bookmakers having them at much shorter odds. We thought they were very lucky to get the win in the first T20, although Babar Azam didn’t!
Match Result: South Africa to win at 13/8*
We simply cannot ignore South Africa at these odds. We think the odds for this match should be much tighter than they are.
After a really comfortable win in the last T20, they should be trading around 1/1 in our opinion.
We have 2 more tips for this match where we have found some value on offer.
- Tip 1: Rizwan top Pakistan batsman 5/2*
When a player has been the top batsman for two matches in a row it is hard to ignore them in the betting. Rizwan has outperformed his teammates considerably in the first two matches and looks in great form. Odds of 5/2* looks good value to us for this match.
- Tip 2: Under 21.5 runs at the fall of the first wicket 10/11
This market is for the fall of the first wicket regardless of who bats first. In this T20 series, wickets have fallen early for both teams. This line looks high to us for the first wicket.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 26, 2022 Start Time: 8:25am Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger
Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – January 22, 2022: Can the Scorcher carry on their red hot form?
Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Date: January 22, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Docklands Stadium Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier Format:
Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Prediction – January 12, 2022: Who Will Win This Almost Dead Rubber?
Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match