Match: Pakistan v South Africa – T20 (2 of 3)
Date: 13th February 2021
Time: 6.30 pm India
Stadium: Gadaffi Stadium
Last Match: Win over South Africa in the first T20 by 3 runs
World Ranking: 6th
Last Match: Loss to Pakistan by 3 runs
Trends & Recent Form
- C0ntinued the trend for losing wickets with 6 falling in the first match. This carries on from their previous tour where they lost 7.3 on average.
- Excluding Mohammad Rizwan (104 not out) the team only scored 56 runs.
- Usman Qadir was the top team, and match, bowler taking 2/21. Haris Rauf also took 2 wickets but was expensive going for 44 from 4 overs.
- Captain Babar Azam said after the game that he did not feel lucky to win and that the Pakistan bowlers won him the game. We think they were very lucky!
South Africa form
- In the first T20, South Africa won the toss and elected to bowl first.
- They continued their trend for taking early wickets with Azam run out on the second ball. That now makes it a wicket before the opposition gets to 5 runs in 5 of their last 7 T20s.
- South Africa was going strong when the first wicket fell at 53/1. The middle-order let them down in this match with on one going on to get over 15. It was the bowlers Pretorius and Fortuin who almost got them the win.
- Andile Phehlukwayo was the top bowler with 2/33. Tabraiz Shamsi was the most economical with 1/20 from his 4 overs.
Head to head stats
- 1st T20 – 11-2-21
- Pak 169/6 (20)
- SA 166/6 (20)
- Pakistan won by 3 runs – 0 balls remaining
- Man of the match: Mohammad Rizwan 104* (64)
Match Prediction & Tips*
Whilst Babar Azam did not think Pakistan was lucky to get a win, we did. Apart from Rizwan, they batted poorly with only Haider Ali getting over 20 runs (21 from 16). It was Rizwans innings that underpinned this win.
Match Result: South Africa to win at 7/4*
In the last match, we predicted a South African win and it was a very close one in the end. Pakistan didn’t offer too much to justify their odds of 4/9* to win this match. The odds of 7/4* are too good to turn down for South Africa to get a win here and level up the T20 series.
South Africa 170/4
Previous match tips –
Tip 1: South Africa highest opening partnership 11/10 – Won
Tip 2: Highest individual score – over 66.5 runs – Won
- Tip 1: South Africa highest opening partnership 11/10*
Great odds again for this trend to continue. We were surprised to see these odds again based on the trends we mentioned above. (5 of the last 7 SA have a wicket before 5 runs are on the board).
- Tip 2: To go to a super over 18/1*
This is a small stakes punt for us. The last game was a very close one and this could go down the same route.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by
Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by