Match: 1st T20 (1 of 3)
Date: Thursday 11th February 2021
Time: 4pm India
Stadium: Gadaffi Stadium, Pakistan
World Ranking: 4th (T20)
Last T20 Series: A 2-1 desfeat by New Zealand in December.
World Ranking: 5th (T20)
Last T20 Series: A 3-0 loss to England in November.
Trends & Recent Form
- Pakistan won the test series of this tour 2-0. They were two generally comfortable wins.
- Babar Azam is 2nd in the Worlds T20 batsman ratings. Pakistan do not have a top 10 bowler or all-rounder currently.
- In the last T20 series, with New Zealand, Pakistan lost an average of 7.3 wickets across the 3 matches.
- They took an average of 4.3 wickets. To win here they will need to stop losing so many wickets!
South Africa form
- In the last T20 series against England South Africa lost 3-0 and batted first in each match. They scored an average of 171 runs.
- They struggled with the ball taking an average of 4 wickets. They lost an average of 5 wickets.
- Looking over their last 6 T20 matches there is a trend for them getting an early wicket (in 4 matches they’ve taken 1 wicket for less than 5 runs).
- The trend then goes to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th wicket not coming very quickly and the top order batsman all usually get a decent score against them (20-40).
Head to head stats
- Current tour –
- 1st test – Pak won by 7 wickets
- 2nf test – Pak won by 95 runs
Match Prediction & Tips
In the betting South Arica are out at 7/4 to win this T20 match up after losing the first two tests on the tour. We think that represents decent value when we consider the stats for this match up.
South Africa batted well against England in their T20 series and it was only the excellent batting of England that stopped them getting a win. England are currently the highest-ranked mens T20 team in the world so there is no shame in losing to them.
In the T20 series against New Zealand Pakistan lost wickets regularly. When we mix that with the South African’s scoring runs then we can see them getting a win here.
Match Result: South Africa to win.
South Africa 180/4
As we love a T20 game we’ve got a couple of extra tips for this one. These are our value selections after looking over the recent stats.
- Tip 1: South Africa highest opening partnership 11/10
As we’ve noted above in the form stats South Africa have a trend for taking an early wicket, usually before 5 runs are on the board. At 11/10 to get the most runs from the opening partnership that’s a good selection in our opinion.
- Tip 2: Highest individual score – over 66.5 runs
We can see runs from the South African team here. This market is for the top scorer of any team to get over 66.5 runs.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 26, 2022 Start Time: 8:25am Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger
Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – January 22, 2022: Can the Scorcher carry on their red hot form?
Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Date: January 22, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Docklands Stadium Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier Format:
Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Prediction – January 12, 2022: Who Will Win This Almost Dead Rubber?
Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match