Match: 2nd Test
Time: 10.30am India
Stadium: Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Pakistan
Trends & Recent Form
- The weather is set to be dry for all 5 days with some cloud. Temperatures will range from 21 -26.
- In the first test, Pakistan had an easy win in 4 days.
- Fawad Alam top-scored with the bat with 109 runs in the first innings.
- Yasir Shar was the top performer with the ball in the first innings taking 3/54 from 22 overs.
- In the last test series, Pakistan lost 1-0 to England in a 3 match series. The 2 draws were interrupted by the weather.
- Babar Azam is the top-rated test batsman in the squad, currently 7th in the world.
South Africa form
- Failed to score over 250 runs in either innings in the first test.
- This was South Africa’s 8th loss in a row in sub-continent test cricket.
- In the second innings, seven South African’s failed to score more than 12 runs. They collapsed from 174/1 to 245 all out.
- South Africa warmed up with a 2-0 win over Sri Lanka in January, but lost heavily to England, 3-1, in the last test series in January 2020.
Head to head stats
- 1st Test – Pakistan won by 7 wickets in 4 days
- Pakistan tour South Africa Dec 18/ Jan 19
- SA win by 107 runs
- SA win by 9 wickets
- SA win by wickets
Match Prediction & Tips
The result in the first test looked like it was a stronger result than it was and we are happy to take 5th in the world to win at 2/1. In the first innings, Pakistan started poorly and was really saved by Alam putting on 109. It was then the lower order who all stayed in and got a few runs. Whilst this will be a concern for the South African bowlers it is easily redeemable.
In the second innings, South Africa was going well until a collapse saw them throw the game away. With a bit more level-headed batting we could see them put on a much better score.
This game looks like it will be a much closer affair to use than the odds suggest.
Match Result: South Africa to win 2/1. – Bet with 10cric here.
We are looking for some more value in the betting markets as we like to do with test cricket.
- Tip 1: Faf du Plessis to score more than MB Azam 1/1
This market covers the whole test and is the total score from both innings. South Africa underperformed in the last test and Faf still got more runs than Azam. With SA under pressure, the experienced du Plessis should be the man to build a score for his team.
- Tip 2: A hundred in the match? No 5/1
In the first match, we only saw one play get a century. With the wickets falling regularly a 5/1 on no century in this match has caught our eye as a side punt.
Our prediction for this match is for South Africa to win in a close game.
The first test is a 5 day test starting on the 4th of February 2021. It starts at 10.30am in India.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 26, 2022 Start Time: 8:25am Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger
Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – January 22, 2022: Can the Scorcher carry on their red hot form?
Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Date: January 22, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Docklands Stadium Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier Format:
Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Prediction – January 12, 2022: Who Will Win This Almost Dead Rubber?
Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match