Match: Marsh One Day Cup – 1st game
Time: 4.30 am India
Stadium: North Sydney Oval, Australia
Last years ranking: 6th of 6 teams
Record: P7 W1 L6
Net run rate: -0.488
Last years ranking: 5th of 6 teams
Record: P7 W3 L4
Net run rate: -0.784
Trends & Recent Form
This is the first match of this years shortened event. All stats and trends are from last years event.
New South Wales form
- New South Wales are the odds on favourites to win this match with all bookmakers as the home team. They are also the favourites to win the tournament.
- Pat Cummings is the new captain of NSW for this year’s tournament.
- NSW are without David Warner, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazelwood for the first game.
- This is part of a two matches against Victoria with a Sheffield Sheild match taking place two days later.
- Victoria is the 4th favourites to win the tournament this year.
- They are without Glenn Maxwell for this match.
- Will Pucovski is rested for this match to give him extra time to recover from injury – he is in the squad for the Sheffield Sheild match.
- Victoria won the last match between the two in last years event by 6 runs. Matthew Short was the man of the match
Match Prediction & Tips
The opening game of this year’s tournament looks like an intriguing one. New South Wales were poor last year winning just one of 7 matches. This year’s event they are the favourites and a team packed with big names in Australian cricket.
The tournament is reduced to reduce the risk of bubble fatigue and it looks like an open event to us.
Cummings gets his first captaincy role and it will be interesting to see how he gets on. In this years IPL, where he was the most expensive player, he did not perform to expectations taking 12 wickets in 14 matches. He was very hot and cold.
Match Result: Victoria to win at 13/8*
In the first game, there’s always a good chance of an upset. We don’t know what form the teams are in or the levels of fitness from the bubbles they have been in. A lot of these players have played a lot of cricket with the IPL in September/ October and Big Bash in December and January.
At odds of 13/8* Victora looks better value than NSW who are currently at 1/2 odds*.
We have an additional pick for this game with a market that has caught our attention.
- Pick 1: Henriques top NSW batsman 9/2*
This market is driven by Steve Smith as the favourite, who is as low as 2/1. When we see such a strong favourite there’s usually good value in the other players.
We are not knocking Steve Smiths ability but at 2/1* he’s too short, which means other players are longer than they should be. Henriques is a top class batsman and 9/2* represents good value in our opinion.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on tumblr
Share on reddit
Here are some other previews you may like