- Match: Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire
- Date: July 9, 2021
- Start Time: 5:30pm
- Stadium: Trent Bridge
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – North Group
- Format: T20
- Played: 12
- Won: 8
- Lost: 1
- NRR: 1.4450
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, D
- Played: 12
- Won: 7
- Lost: 4
- NRR: 0.3810
- Last 5 results: L, W, L, W, L
Nottinghamshire won by 10 wickets (with 20 balls remaining)
- Nottinghamshire is having an excellent Blast this year with just 1 defeat in 11 matches. They have won 7 and are flying high on the table. Their performances have been excellent and they have been one of the teams to watch.
- They are top of the table and have the best net run rate in the Northern League. They look set to qualify for the later stages of the tournament.
- Alex Hales is the top scorer for Nottinghamshire with 382 runs from 11 innings. As he is still out in the cold for England he will play every match in this years Blast and could end the season as the top run-scorer if he keeps up his current rate. Hales is also 6th in the most sixes with 17 from 11 innings.
- The Nottingham bowling attack has worked well. Ball and Harrison have both taken 4 for and Harrison and Patel have both managed a maiden over. Patel’s came from figures of 1/4 from 4 overs against Worcestershire – incredible bowling.
- Yorkshire Vikings can go to the top of the league with a win over top places Notts Outlaws. They have also won 7 of their 11 matches but have lost 3 so far.
- With 463 runs HC Brook si the highest scoring batsman in the league so far. He has top-scored with 91 not out and is showing his quality with his excellent performances.
- Adam Lyth has been solid in his run-scoring with an average of 19 with a strike rate of 150. Over 10 games these are reasonable figures. Jonny Bairstow is the second-highest run-scorer with 295 from 4 matches but he is unavailable for this match and is unlikely to feature for the team any time soon.
- Ferguson, Bess and Fisher all are in double figures for wickets in the Blast. Bess leads the bowlers with an average of 6.56 taking 10 wickets in 7 matches.
- Brook has the most sixes with 20 and is in 2nd place overall, behind Phillips from Gloucestershire who has an astonishing 29!
Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire Match Prediction
The top two going head to head is always a good watch. Both teams are playing well and this is a blockbuster of a game. Alex Hales was yet again left out of the England team even after a change of the full 11. He will really feel has a point to prove as the T20 World Cup is coming but he’s running out of time to get back in the squad.
Yorkshire has been solid but has lost 3 so far. They have lost 2 of the last 3 but did have an excellent win over Lancashire in the last match after a very poor performance against the Birmingham Bears.
Match prediction – Nottinghamshire to win the match
We’re going for Nottinghamshire to win this one. They are in the better form of the two teams and Alex Hales is the stand out performer of those who is playing in this match. There has been a number of changes that happen with the changes to the England squad, with Nottingham less affected than Yorkshire.
Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire Stats
Player Stats this season
Top Batters This Season
Top Bowlers This Season
Nottinghamshire Last Match vs Warwickshire
Nottinghamshire absolutely destroyed the Birmingham Bears – what a performance! They set them 178 to win and got them all out for 63, winning by a massive 114 runs.
Yorkshire Last Match vs Lancashire
What a match this was in the war of the roses. Yorkshire batted first and at 2/30 it did not seem to be going well. A 52 from Lyth helped build the score but it was the 91 not out from Harry Brook in 50 balls that really set up this match.
Yorkshire limited Lancashire to 171/9 winning by 9 wickets.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Lucknow Super Giants v Chennai Super Kings Date: 31st March 2022 Stadium: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai Trends & Recent Form LSG and CSK meet for the first time and both lost their opening game. History points to CSK bouncing back here. We will look over the stats and the squads before making our match prediction. […]
- Match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders Date: 30th Match 2022 Stadium: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Trends & Recent Form Royal Challenges comes into the match looking for their first win of the IPL. KKR started well with a good win over last season’s champions – Chennai Super Kings. Here we […]
- Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Date: 28th Match 2022 Stadium: Cricket Association Mumbai. Trends & Recent Form The teams predicted to be the bottom two go head to head in the first match and both will be looking to start with a win. For the third year in a row, Sunrisers are the favourites […]