- Match: Nottinghamshire vs Hampshire
- Date: August 25, 2021
- Start Time: 6:00pm
- Stadium: Trent Bridge
- Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Quarter Final
- Format: T20
Hampshire won by 2 runs
Nottinghamshire vs Hampshire Stats and Trends
- Played: 14
- Won: 9
- Lost: 2
- NRR: 1.5030
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, W
The Outlaws qualified in emphatic style winning 9 of their 14 matches. Their NRR of 1.503 was more than double any other team in both leagues.
They are the favorites to win the tournament this year and in our opinion are the team to beat.
As you would expect with that NRR the Outlaws have had some big wins. They have top-scored with 221/4 with the bat. They have also performed well with the ball, including getting the Birmingham Bears all out for 63.
Nottinghamshire Top Batters
The Outlaws batters have been playing consistently. Alex Hales is the top batsman now for the team with 463 for the Blast from 248 balls. His form has been exceptional but it still looks like he won’t get back in the England team no matter how he plays!
Nottinghamshire Top Bowlers
The data above is not correct.
Nottingham Outlaws have 2 bowlers in the top 10 for the Blast – Harrison, and Ball both with 18 wickets. They are some way off the top performer, Naveen-ul-Haq how has 26 wickets for Leicestershire. Their attack bowling has been excellent and both work well in the same team keeping the pressure on the batting attack. Harrisons economy rate of 6.78 stands out in the team, Ball has the same wickets but has been expensive at times with an average of 9.37.
Nottinghamshire Last Match vs Durham
Nottinghamshire won by 78 runs
An excellent win for Nottingham to secure the top spot in the group. Ben Ducket’s performance was key and he took the player of the match award.
- Played: 14
- Won: 6
- Lost: 5
- NRR: 0.3880
- Last 5 results: W, W, W, W, W
Hampshire finished 4th in the Southern League and play the top position from the Northern League in the quarter-final.
Hampshire qualified by the slightest of margins a 0.388 NNR over the 0.332 NRR of Surrey.
Hampshire broke 200 runs on 1 occasion getting 215/6 back in June. They hid have a higher run rate when they chased down 187 in 13 overs against Glamorgan in July. They were on a 14.38 run rate in that chase which was exceptional.
Hampshire Top Batters
|Colin de Grandhomme|
The stats above are not up to date due to a system error.
Vince, Weatherley, and Short have to lead the way with 365, 333, and 307 runs respectively. Weatherley leads the way with 15 sixes, Short has 12 and Vince has just 6. Vice is way in front for fours in the team with 50, Short has 37 and Weatherley has 20.
Hampshire Top Bowlers
The stats above have not been updated due to a system error.
Currie, Wheal, Crane, and Wood have all done well getting 15, 14, 14, and 10 wickets respectively. They have all been around 8 in terms of economy.
Hampshire Last Match vs Glamorgan
Hampshire won by 6 wickets (with 42 balls remaining)
|D Arcy Short|
This was an astonishing performance from Hampshire. Short hit 69 from 30, Vince hit 39 from 21 balls, Weatherley obliterated 43 runs from just 13 balls – a 330.76 strike rate. Incredible. If they’d maintained this run rate for 20 overs they would have finished on 287!
Nottinghamshire vs Hampshire Match Prediction
You would expect this to be an easy match to call with the top of one league playing the 4th placed in another but a look at the most recent form tells a different story. These are the 2 form teams in the Blast.
Nottinghamshire’s last match was canceled so we will ignore that one.
Prior to that, they have lost just 1 in their last 12 matches. They have had some big wins in the last 6 too. A 114 run win over Birmingham Bears and a 10 wicket win over Yorkshire. The only blip has been a 2 wicket defeat to Leicestershire in the penultimate game.
Hampshire has had a remarkable group stage. They looked way off the pace early on to then go and win their last 6 in a row to qualify by less than a .1 net run-rate difference. The dressing room will be flying with confidence after these results.
Predicted result: Nottingham Outlaws to win in a close high scoring match.
We are siding with Nottinghamshire as their from has been solid all match. This will be a tight one and is probably the pick of the T20 Blast matches.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more