Match: 3rd ODI
Date: 25th March
Stadium: Basin Reserve, New Zealand
Trends & Recent Form
This is the 3rd and final one-day international between the two teams. New Zeland currently leads 2-0. This is followed by a 3 match T20 series.
After this New Zealand does not play again until a test series against England in June.
Bangladesh plays again in a 2 match series against Sri Lanka at the end of April.
New Zealand form
- New Zeland is currently ranked 3rd in the world in the one-day format of the game. They are behind India and England but ahead of arch-rivals Australia.
- New Zealand has batted first in but previous one-day matches and have chased the score down in both matches.
- In the first match, they limited Bangladesh to 131 and then chased the runs down in just 21 overs. Trent Boult was the player of the match with 4/28, in what was a very impressive bowling display.
- In the second match, New Zeland had to chase 276 to win and did so with 10 balls remaining. They lost 5 wickets in the chase. Tom Latham was the player of the match with 110 not out from 108 balls.
- In that match, New Zeland was struggling at 53/3 and Bangladesh just needed a couple of wickets and the game would have been in their hands. They put on 103 for the 4th wicket and over 70 for the 5th wicket.
Bangladesh ODI form
- Bangladesh is rated as the 7th best team in the world in one-day rankings.
- They will consider themselves unlucky in the last match not to build on a good start with the ball. This will help them draw a little confidence for the next match.
- Hitting 275 in the 2nd match was a good score for this team. Both Tamim Iqbal and Mohammad Mithun hit half-centuries, both scoring in the 70s.
- To beat New Zealand, Bangladesh needs to take some more wickets. Four wickets in 48 overs are not enough at the level New Zealand are at.
Head to head stats
Tour so far
- 19-3-21 New Zealand won by 8 wickets
- Bangladesh 131 (41.5)
- New Zealand 132/2 (21.2)
- 23-3-21 New Zeland won by 5 wickets (10 balls remaining)
- Bangladesh 271/6 (50)
- New Zeland 275/5 (48.2)
Match Prediction & Tips
New Zealand should easily make these 3 wins in a row, Bangladesh will not pose them a threat. Unfortunately, the odds of 1/10* on a New Zealand win has no interest for us at all. It may be worth trading the 6/1* on Bangladesh on the betting exchanges if they bat first (and you are an experienced trader).
Match Prediction: New Zealand to win.
- New Zealand bats first
- NZ 300-330/6
- BAN 220-250 all out
- Bangladesh bats first
- BAN 250-270/9
- NZ reach the target in 45-47 overs for 5 wickets
Here are some picks with more value on offer than the match outright markets.
- Pick 1: Boult over 1.5 wickets 4/7*
Boult is a world-class bowler and will pick off the Bangladesh batsman in his 10 overs. He has taken 5 wickets so far this tour (4 & 1) and this looks like a good play for us for this match.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: India vs Pakistan Date: October 24, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 –
Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Prediction – October 15, 2021: Who will win the IPL final!
Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 15, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League –
Match: Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Date: October 13, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 –