Match: 5th T20 of 5
Time: 4.30 am India
Stadium: Wellington regional stadium
Current score: 2-2
Trends & Recent Form
- The weather will be around 17 degrees with a 22% chance of rain. There will be some water on the outfield with overnight rain expected in Wellington.
New Zealand T20 form
- In the last T20 match New Zealand were all out for 106, their lowest score in recent years. Number 8 Kyle Jamieson was the top batsman with 30 runs from 18 balls.
- Ish Sodhi was the top bowler with 3/32 as New Zeland pinned Australia back to 156/6.
- New Zealand won the first two T20s to lead the series only to lose the last two leaving this match as a decider.
- New Zeland have only won when batting first and have been all out on both occasions when chasing.
- New Zeland have lost an average of 8.25 wickets per innings.
Australia T20 form
- After a very poor start, Australia has got back to its best form to tie this T20 series.
- In the last match, Aaron Finch top-scored with 79 runs from 55 balls. Kane Richardson was the top bowler with 3/19 from four overs.
- In the 3rd T20, Ashton Agar had career-best figures with 6/30 from four overs. Sensational! He is the first Australia to take six wickets in an international T20 and one of only four players to do so. After his first over went for three boundaries, he was criticised by commentation Shane Warne who described it as “a horrible over” and “really bad cricket”.
- Australia will be looking to get a confidence-boosting win here ahead of the T20 World Cup later in the year.
Head to head stats
- NZ 184/5 (20)
- AU 131 (17.3)
- NZ won by 53 runs
- NZ 219/7 (20)
- AU 215/8 (20)
- NZ won by 4 runs
- AU 208/4 (20)
- NZ 144 (17.1)
- AU won by 64 runs
- AU 156/6 (20)
- NZ 106 (18.5)
- AU won by 50 runs
Match Prediction & Tips
The pitch for today’s match looks a little slower and may favour the spin bowlers. Australia will be full of confidence going into the match after back to back wins.
Their top players like Aaron Finch and Glenn Maxwell have put their poor form behind them and look back to the top of their game. They will be formidable opponents here.
Match Result: Australia to win at 4/5*
This looks set to be a fantastic game of cricket but we are backing Australia to get a third win in a row and take the series, which looked unlikely after the first two matches. At 4/5* they offer good value for the win and we are happy to take that price based on their performances.
New Zeland is still a formidable opponent but their form with the bat has really dropped in the last two matches and it has been a disappointment to see. They will have a lot of work to do if they are to turn this around and get a win here, at odds of 1/1* we don’t see the value in backing them for the win.
There is a wide choice of markets on offer for this match and we have selected a couple of extra selections where we have seen good value from the stats.
- 1: 1st Innings score over 179.5 6/5*
The first innings score has gone over 179.5 in 3 of the 4 matches so far. Although the pitch looks like it will be a little slower this is worth a small play at these odds.
- 2: Most match sixes – Australia 10/11*
Aaron Finch, Glen Maxwell and Marcus Stoinis back in form. This is worth a small play at these odds.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Rajasthan v Dehli Capitals IPL 2021 predictions & stats: Will DC be too much of a challenge for a spirited RR side?
Match: Rajasthan Royals v Dehli Capitals Date: 15th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: Wankhede Stadium What you will find on this preview Royals
Sunrisers v Royal Challengers IPL 2021 Predictions & Stats: Can Harshal Patel continue his bowling mastery?
Match: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Royal Challengers Bangalore Date: 14th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: https://cricketics.in/go/fun-88-home/ What you will find on this preview Sunrisers
Kolkata Night Riders v Mumbai Indians: IPL 2021 Match Prediction: Can Mumbai keep up their winning run against KKR?
Match: Kolkata Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians Date: 13th April 2021 Time: 7.30 PM India Stadium: MA Chidambaram Stadium What you will find on this